Broken Intake - Don't Do What I Did!

OneQuikSix

So I'm removing my Champion ported factory lower intake on Thursday to swap lifters with some new ones. After removing all ten intake bolts, this thing will not budge. I even tried prying up each of the corners with a screwdriver. It felt like all the bolts were still fastened. So, I got creative and placed a 1/2" drive ratchet in one of the intake runners to apply leverage to the intake.
BuickParts006.jpg

It turns out once ported, those intake runners are pretty thin. This is the resulting hole in my intake runner.
BuickParts005.jpg

Don't do what I did!

Almost forgot, here's the new intake from Champion courtesy of TA Performance who shipped everything overnight from Arizona to Georgia...AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
BuickParts010.jpg

Ooops! We all make mechanical mistakes now and then. Takes a real man to admit it AND post pics.:) I'm sure that can probably be repaired.

Also, are those black spots in the plenium holes? Maybe a air pocketed and weak casting.

I weld aluminum all the time ...if I can get my torch in there I can fix it for you....:wink:

We are almost neighbors, ive never meet you have I. Glad to see you got the car fixed quick.

Chris...sent you a PM about the intake.

Also, are those black spots in the plenium holes? Maybe a air pocketed and weak casting.

It's actually some overspray from when I painted the engine.

1chance...I don't believe we've ever met. I used to make it out to the Carolina Dragway many years ago but haven't been in a while due to busy schedule. Plus, I've kind of been out of the game for a while. My old T was stolen almost six years ago and I just picked up this GN in January. It just recently became my almost-daily driver again so I try to go easy on it. We'll have to get together sometime.