Breaking news - Kirban

I'm saddened to hear the news of Molly's cancer diagnosis. My prayers go out to him, his family and those close to him for.

For those who would like to do more but think they can't, there is something you can do. Stanford University has what they call "Folding at Home" (Folding@home - Main) program that is similar to the SETI (Search For Extra Terrestrials) program that many of you may have heard of. Basically it is a program that you install on your computer that runs in the background and is designed to not slow your computer down when you use it.

Many people join a team that brings comradery and competitive nature to the program. There are hundreds of teams to join. I belong to Team MaximumPC and have to say it has been a very positive experience. I am not saying "You should join my team so that we do better", but I am saying there is something you can do. You don't need to join a team but it does make it a more enjoyable and fun experience, not to mention all the advice you can glean from the veteran folders there.

If this interests you, I encourage you to visit the link above and read for yourself to see if this is something you would like to try.

Dude, wtf are you talking about?

This is a thread about something serious. Unless I am seriously missing something this looks out of place to say the least...

Guys, what the post in question was doing was giving people that care about cancer and other diseases a small way to help.
Although his placement that information in this post may not be perfect, his heart was in the right place.

Guys, what the post in question was doing was giving people that care about cancer and other diseases a small way to help.
Although his placement that information in this post may not be perfect, his heart was in the right place.

Let me apologize for the where I placed this post. Yes, my heart is in the right place and the post could have been more specific as to what the Folding at Home project is about - helping to cure cancer.

I in no way wanted to hijack this thread to promote something unrelated and I am sorry if I offended anyone.

If the mods feel that the post was too off-side please delete my post and quotes.

I apologize then!

It wasn't very clear, thanks John!

Back to the Kawasaki green thing, Molly used to race off road bikes (as I did, thats how the conversation started) he said there were a few no no's/ superstitions in the paddock. Two of which were no women and nothing green on the bike.
When he got the chance to forward a colour design to Kawasaki the whole green thing was a bit light harted in the light of this but they went for it. He was quite amused by it.

Great great guy. My prayers are with him. Hope to bump into him again some time for a beer or two.