Braking causes oil and water temp guages to peg themselves

87GNT

Hello-

Ok so here's the issue I am having. I just recently completed a frame off and I am getting down to the final assembly of MISC items i.e lights at this point.

1. Replaced ALL the bulbs for the rear lights along with front head lights, signal and marker lights as part of the restoration
2. I start the car and I turn on the lights....all running lights work however my oil and water temp guage needle peg themselves when I hit the brake peddal (could this be due to no ground???)
3. When I hit the brake pedal the brake lights will not come on only the 3rd brake light will light up. Basically the second filament isnt lighting up

Note worthy items.
1. I have not yet installed the turn signal flasher (round flasher located at the lower right side of the fuse box)
2. I have not installed the rear bumper (I've been told its possible the rear lights harness grounding clips use the bumper a a source of grounding ) Is this true?

Thanks in advance for reading and any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello-

Ok so here's the issue I am having. I just recently completed a frame off and I am getting down to the final assembly of MISC items i.e lights at this point.

1. Replaced ALL the bulbs for the rear lights along with front head lights, signal and marker lights as part of the restoration
2. I start the car and I turn on the lights....all running lights work however my oil and water temp guage needle peg themselves when I hit the brake peddal (could this be due to no ground???)
3. When I hit the brake pedal the brake lights will not come on only the 3rd brake light will light up. Basically the second filament isnt lighting up

Note worthy items.
1. I have not yet installed the turn signal flasher (round flasher located at the lower right side of the fuse box)
2. I have not installed the rear bumper (I've been told its possible the rear lights harness grounding clips use the bumper a a source of grounding ) Is this true?

Thanks in advance for reading and any help is greatly appreciated.

The only way it would behave like that is if you somehow got your gauge senders shorted to the brake light switch somehow.

Crawl back under the dash and start tracing wires. Good luck.