brake pw motor

humberto

Hey guys when changeing my pw motor for my brakes is there any bleeding that has to be prfm?How hard is it to do it looks like i can swap it without removeing the master.

DON'T FORGET TO DEPRESSURIZE THE PM SYSTEM. Drain or remove the fluid from the large reservoir (farthest from the drivers side fender. Best to use an old turkey baster (don't use it on food ever again:D ). Loosen the hose underneath the accumulator ball (17mm wrench) and loosen the other end at the motor. 10mm nuts hold the motor to the brackets. Disconnect the wire connector on the motor, remove the motor and remove the hose. I don't know of your new motor comes with new rubber grommets, but if it does, replace the grommets, install the hose and install the motor. Reconnect the hose under the accumulator (torque is 13 foot pounds) and connect the eletrical connector. If everything is tight, then fill the reservoir with brake fluid. Hop into the car and turn the ignition. The motor will cycle and stop once it is pressurized. DON'T LET THE MOTOR RUN FOR MORE THAN 20 SECONDS. If the reservoir runs dry, add more fluid (so it just covers the front suction port). If the motor doesn't stop running in 20 seconds, turn ignition off and bleed the PM motor. Loosen the hose beneath the accumulator until fluid flows (gravity bleed), then tighten the hose to 13 foot pounds. DONOT COMPLETELY REMOVE HOSE, IT IS UNDER EXTREME PRESSURE. Repeat the ignition on for 20 seconds procedure.