Brake problem in my GN

RED LS1

I don't know too much about brakes so I figured I'd see what you guys think. I made a little video of what this car does. It's basically after a cold start up and I think it goes away after driving for a little bit and the car gets warm. I believe the car could use a brake flush and some fresh fluid. It may even be a bit low on Brake fluid. This car mostly sits and I never get time to work on it but i'd like to get this problem rectified.

Remove power master and put it in a box for when you’re ready to sell the car. Install vacuum brake system or hydro boost and be glad you did it before that power master got worse and tried to kill you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove power master and put it in a box for when you’re ready to sell the car. Install vacuum brake system or hydro boost and be glad you did it before that power master got worse and tried to kill you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what he said^^^^

Pump is running way too much. Could have an internal leak and or low brake fluid. Is the brake light on? There is a lot of good info on troubleshooting the power master in the brake and suspension section on this forum. Don’t drive it till you fixed it.
A vacuum conversion is good idea for most owners.

I don't know too much about brakes so I figured I'd see what you guys think. I made a little video of what this car does. It's basically after a cold start up and I think it goes away after driving for a little bit and the car gets warm. I believe the car could use a brake flush and some fresh fluid. It may even be a bit low on Brake fluid. This car mostly sits and I never get time to work on it but i'd like to get this problem rectified.

The pump is fucked.

Pull it.

I think i'm going to check and add fluid just to see if that rectifies. If that doesn't I'll look into swapping it. Thanks.

Your power master is a time bomb waiting to take you out. No joke. It will fail with no warning when you least expect it and unless Jesus is your co pilot it ends badly. Don't chance it. Not worth it.

kirban 2 cents worth

brake options is a very popular product for us motor runs alot you wil burn it up....we are behind in getting them units rebuilt next best thing is vacuum brake kit as suggested which we carry as it involves changing out the brake pedal as well.

Hydroboost is another option fairly costly and fairly time consuming to install.

other suppliers I am sure probably offer similar kits or systems....

simply changing your brake fluid its alittle too late in the game for that especially if it has had 30 years of neglect regarding fluid flush.

again just my thoughts and opinions..

Hydroboost. 84/85 huydro unit and use a 81 caddy eldorado master (has the plasitc resrevoir instead of hte 1896 iron tub). You cna even get new ones new with the accumulator, which I'd suggest. Without accumulator, and engine dies = no brakes, so crank to get soem pressure and get brakes back.

Attachments

• IMG_0046.JPG
    IMG_0046.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
At the track at about 130 mph, I let off, compressor change pulled my 3 inch hose into my fan belt/alternator slicing the tube up. It was a MAF car at that point = engine shut off. I can tell you there may as well be no brakes at that speed. The belt was still on, so I started cranking and got pedal back enough to slow the car enough to make the last turnout.