Brake Light

Mightysix

Hi, I just had my brake lines redone and now my brake light goes on and stays on:( I checked and re-checked for any leaks.. none to be found.. Does anyone have any ideas why this would be happening????

Thanks. Mike

Combination valve may be stuck to one side. Does it feel like you have more brake to the front than the back or visa versa. Try cracking one of the bleeders and firmly stepping on the pedal. Close the bleeder and pump the brakes up and see if the light goes out. If you started this process in the front anand the light is still on, try it again on the rear.

I already tried bleeding the brakes, both front and rear. My pedal height feels pretty good too.... Anything else??

It's not the bleeding process you're trying to accomplish. Example, if you lose brakes to the fronts, the combination valve will direct more pressure to the rears or visa versa. If the valve gets stuck on one side, it will activate the light. You're attempting to center the combination valve and bleeding may accomplish that. If it doesn't you may have to remove the lines (at the combo valve) and see if you can push something in there to center the combo valve.