Brake light keeps coming on

GrandNational87

when i push on the brake pedal and come to a stop my light on my dash keeps coming on.. does that mean my brakes are going out and if so what ones the front or back or both. thanks

Is your pedal hard going down? if it is then is is probabally the accumulator . mine would do that and the brake light would go on then off. after i fixed it my brake light would come on when the pedal would go down all i had to do was bleed the brakes. Also if your powermaster can't keep up with the ammount of time you push the brakes then that would make the brakelight come on. I don't know if any of this would help but they are very common problems that ive noticed with my car

Hope this helps

Andy

Is replacing the accumulator ball as simple as bolting it on and bleeding the brakes?

I did mine without bleeding the brakes. Just pump the pedal 10 or 15 times with the engine off to relieve the pressure on the accumulator, then unscrew it and put the new one on. Had to pump the brakes a few more times to get the pressure back up after I started the car, but then it was fine. GET AN ACCUMULATOR ASAP!! When mine started flashing, my pedal was either rock hard and would lock up the brakes, or very mushy if I pressed the pedal slow. HTH:D