Brake Hard lines

200MPHClub

Where to buy? Need omplete set...I found at Kirbans, is there anywher else? Fit and function good? Is it just easier to buy brake lines at Napa and bend my own? I already own a flaring kit and pipe bender as I had to make lines for other cards.

Thanks in advance

I bought my kit from kirbans, it was very easy to Install. Much easier than I expected. I would say definitely worth the money. Just my 2cents worth. Good luck!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If you have the tools and are comfortable bending your own then I would go for it. I brought my Stainless Steel Set from ClassicTube.com. Fit wasn't perfect but close enough.

GBody Parts might stock them as well.

The two lines for each front brake aren't bad neither are the two lines off the block on the pumpkin for the rear's. It's the line from the proportioning valve to the block on the pumpkin that will give you fits if the body is still on the frame.

Yeah, body is still on and nasty underneath with 25 years of rust and grime. Might buy the kit and just make the long run from valve to block if I think it can route more simply. Thanks and here's to laying on my back for a few hours.

Just ordered a set from Classic Tubes also another company that carries G body brake lines The Right Stuff Detailing. They both sell pieces individually too.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Get the stainless from classic tube. I would also upgrade the two front hoses and rear hose as well.Get the stainless if you get a kit. The steel kit is copper lined as is all steel brake line. Copper is one the biggest contaminants in a brake system so get rid of it .Gm should have had stainless from the factory with the power master. I dont know if classic has the clips but inline tube does. good luck. Where are you located? I have the line from block to rear hose from classic. 65 bucks but Im not shipping this thing.Its stainless

I fellow board member told me a trick to get the "long line" installed in the back as it needs to snake between the body and frame. Something like doing a fuel line.
You might want to go with stainless (at least for that line) if for no other reason it won't get all bent up while installing it back there.

To get that line in you'll also need to unbolt the transmission crossmember on each side of the frame (support the tranny first). If your mounts are stock or have never had the bolts out b4 you might want to order a replacement set from GBodyParts.com before going in. I managed to only snap one out of four bolts when doing mine but the actual mounts were rusted beyond belief (had disintegrated into almost nothing). The rubber isolators weren't in much better shape either.

Like I said, I did mine in the driveway and it isn't that bad except getting that long line in. But anything sucks working on your back and dealing with dirt and rust falling in your face. :)

Obviously you'll need to bleed the lines at all four wheels so be ready to do that. I think the only other unexpected issue I had was having to replace the brake cylinders for the drums in the rear as I couldn't get the fittings out for the old lines. Local parts store's still carry them but I had never worked on Drum Brakes before and had to learn how to take everything apart and put it back in again.

Good Luck.