Bracket Racers , What class do you run in ?

Cool! , 11th place.

Did you use the standard flexible hose to the rear drums and front calipers? Alternatively, did you use the steel braided lines?

I have the stage right installed. I emailed my track to see if they will allow a manual transbrake. I think I already know the answer. Therefore, I am looking for a delay box and an electric shifter solenoid. My plan at this time is to manually set the transbrake, thus cocking the solenoid and using the delay box to launch. Sending the shift into drive. I have notched the shifter plate. However, when I manually slap the shift out of first some times it goes pass Drive in to OD. So, I have to address that issue.

Fred,

Yes I ended up in 11th place but on the last day of the points series I had a really bad day. I went into that race in 10th but expecting at least 9th and I went out first round and ended up 11th. I guess I didn't do too bad considering that I hadn't started using the delay box yet even though it was all ready in the car. I was young (mid 20's) and it was my dad's car and I got pissed when he told me that there was no way that I could compete with these guys while foot braking, I guess he was right. After the points for the year were done I started using the delay box and I wished I had used it all year!!! My first light with the box was a .504 :eek: :eek:

After using it a bit the majority of my lights were .515 or less. With the foot brake I was normally .540 to .520 on most days.

As far as the brake lines they are all stock originals, the car only has a bit over 28,000 miles on it.

Along with notching the shifter plate you might want to try a little heavier spring on the bottom of the shift handle. When I bought my car it was missing this spring and you could shift from park without pressing the button. I went to the hardware store and bought a couple of springs that looked like they might work and I have a fairly stiff spring in it and it is working fine. I don't shift either of my cars manually but I am sure if I had to the stronger spring would really help.

Good luck racing this season,

TWIN86GNS said:
Along with notching the shifter plate you might want to try a little heavier spring on the bottom of the shift handle. When I bought my car it was missing this spring and you could shift from park without pressing the button. I went to the hardware store and bought a couple of springs that looked like they might work and I have a fairly stiff spring in it and it is working fine. I don't shift either of my cars manually but I am sure if I had to the stronger spring would really help.

Good luck racing this season,

Thank you, I am going to try that. I don't know how long the shifter will take the Abuse of being slammed by the electric plunger.