Bracket for your LT1 MAF

GNRick

Retired member
I saw this on a car at GSNats. First buy a strip of aluminum or metal. Something easy to bend and drill through. I bought a 3' aluminum strip at Menard's, item number 2289241. All you do is bend the bottom 4" into a right angle so now your strip is in the shape of an L. If you still have the factory air box mount, drill a hole in your metal strip and screw it down to the air box mount. Wouldn't hurt to place a few rubber washers under the metal strip to absorb vibrations. I used item # 2017541. Buy 3 of them. With a sharpie, mark where the L bracket aligns with the bottom screw holding the MAF case together. IMPORTANT: Lift the MAF pipe off the upper radiator hose when you mark this spot. Now drill a small hole in the L bracket in the center of the sharpie line, cut the bracket about an inch above this hole with a tin snip and slip the screw from the MAF through the bracket and into the MAF case where it came from. You can paint the bracket or just leave it aluminum color like I did. If this bracket was sold by Kenne Bell your car would now be 1/10 sec. faster.

Last edited:
here are a few pics.

Attachments

• HPIM3112.JPG
    HPIM3112.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 492
  • HPIM3111.JPG
    HPIM3111.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 482
  • HPIM3113.JPG
    HPIM3113.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 474