Bracket & Cover for LT1 MAF & Translator

HotAirWH1

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Was a long winter so I took some time to fabricate a bracket & cover for a recently installed LT1 MAF & Translator. I just had it zipped tied to the cold air intake filter canister and wanted something more permanent. I came up with a design so it could be removed easily. I used the existing cold air intake canister MAF bolt holes to bolt up the new bracket. I also included a 0.4 dia. hole in the bottom of the plate for a Boost Sensor (not yet installed). I designed several covers for the Translator, a Tri Shield emblem and a Turbo 6 emblem cut into the cover plate that screws to the MAF bracket. The Translator can be installed in either direction on the plate. This a prototype and thinking of modifying the Translator Cover - changing out the cut-out emblems with engraved symbols of same or maybe T-Type engraved. This is 18 gauge cold steel, but thinking the next one will be stainless steel.
Also designed and fabricated a Scanmaster Clip Pod that attaches to the instrument panel dash cover that "clips on" and can be positioned along the top of the dash pad. I'll post a new thread with some pics. This too is a prototype and already I've modified the design to better accommodate the wiring.

Attachments

• Translator Bracket Back.jpg
    Translator Bracket Back.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 120
  • Transltor Bracket Cover Screw Locations.jpg
    Transltor Bracket Cover Screw Locations.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 128
  • Translator Bracket Top View.jpg
    Translator Bracket Top View.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 117
  • Transltor Bracket Cover View.jpg
    Transltor Bracket Cover View.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 122
  • Transltor Bracket Cover Buick Tri Shield.jpg
    Transltor Bracket Cover Buick Tri Shield.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Mounting Screws.jpg
    Mounting Screws.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 112
  • Translator Cover Turbo 6.jpg
    Translator Cover Turbo 6.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 119
  • Translator Bracket.jpg
    Translator Bracket.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 108
Beautiful metal work. You just might be on the edge of creating a thriving side business with that. :)

Yes Sir......Nice , very nice work.
Hey ....Maybe you could modify the turbo cover I bought from a fellow member.....Then I realized it's for a '86 -'87 :oops:

Thanks all for your comments!

Update:
Did a little tweaking on the design and finally decided to go with 18 gauge stainless steel for the translator bracket and T-Type Logo cover. I spray painted a foam strip red and slid it between the translator and cover to give the logo some depth. I added some holes to the bottom of the bracket for wire management. I also cut a 10mm hole for the the boost sensor (lower right in pic).

While I was at it I made a new Hood Liner Shield for the Turbo (Buick Tri Shield Logo). I added some Kaowool 2300F Ceramic Fiber blanket to the back of the shield to help protect the hood-liner. I painted the blanket red too.

Attachments

• Transltor Bracket Top View SS.jpg
    Transltor Bracket Top View SS.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 101
  • Laser Cut Heat Tri Shield Logo.jpg
    Laser Cut Heat Tri Shield Logo.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 98
  • Translator Bracket SS.jpg
    Translator Bracket SS.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 91
  • Translator Bracket Back SS.jpg
    Translator Bracket Back SS.jpg