BQ vs BRF

Tom87GNX

Can anyone tell me what the real differences are with the BQ an BRF transmissions. What are the best mods for a BQ for street/ strip (under 400 hp).

Can anyone tell me what the real differences are with the BQ an BRF transmissions. What are the best mods for a BQ for street/ strip (under 400 hp).

Biggest difference is the servo
also the BRF valve body and governor are slightly different than the BQ

Otherwise they are pretty much the same.

What are the best mods for a BQ for street/ strip (under 400 hp).

check out:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/attention-new-version-strengthening-the-2004r.31365/

If unmolested, an '84 will not have a hardened sun shell. 85 and later had hardened shells.

My car is an 87 but I noticed its not the original trans. It a BQ, not sure if its 84 or 85, I does have a sticker on the bell stating its a GM reman unit. Would I be best just changing the servo and put a good shift kit in it, or do I really need a BRF?

If you like the shifting characteristics, swap servo and have fun. If you don't like the way 1-2 or 2-3 shifts, that can be altered with calibration kit. :)

My car is an 87 but I noticed its not the original trans. It a BQ, not sure if its 84 or 85, I does have a sticker on the bell stating its a GM reman unit. Would I be best just changing the servo and put a good shift kit in it, or do I really need a BRF?