BPG Ohio vs Bowling Green

Undercover87T

Maryland MAGNA Rep
Staff member
I have extra vacation time this year and would like to take a road trip to one of the larger Buick events since I've never been to either. I don't think I'm going to be able to do both so my question is which do you guys prefer? Is one better than the other? I'd be wanting to participate in a show field and some T&T passes as well. I'm in Maryland so both are probably close to the same distance away.

Last edited:
I have extra vacation time this year and would like to take a road trip to one of the larger Buick events since I've never been to either. I don't think I'm going to be able to do both so my question is which do you guys prefer? Is one better than the other? I'd be wanting to participate in a show field and some T&T passes as well. I'm in Maryland so both are probably close to the same distance away.

That is like choosing which of your children you like the best. Both are fun events. BPG is in the summer when it's usually pretty warm and the GS Nat's is in the late fall when it could be cold. In recent years the GS Nats has declined and there's not much of a car show there anymore. The BPG has had great special car show events like the GSX reunion, "T" party, etc... I like the Bowling Green area better because there is more to do there but the BPG is a super fun social event with great people attending. Try going to both :)

If I can go to both I will but due to time and money restraints I may have to pic one. Always wanted to see the Vette museum though.

If I can go to both I will but due to time and money restraints I may have to pic one. Always wanted to see the Vette museum though.
Back in the 90's...I used to tour all over with my Pro Street car. I have been to some huge car shows. Prob over 100 national shows altogether.
Just a heads up...the BPG show is the MOST EXPENSIVE show I have ever expierenced in my life. I have gone twice...it was $50 a day for me and the Mrs...without racing or entering the car show. If you want to race or enter the show...it's extra. Plus you have a membership fee...unless your already a BPG member. Oh...and if your car runs faster then 11.5's and you have no cage...stay home...for real. I was told by the promoter that if I can't pass tech to stay home, so me and my car have sat home the last 3 years...and will continue to.
You can run your ass off at ALL THE OTHER BUICK EVENTS...except this one!!!
Just an honest heads up.

Back in the 90's...I used to tour all over with my Pro Street car. I have been to some huge car shows. Prob over 100 national shows altogether.
Just a heads up...the BPG show is the MOST EXPENSIVE show I have ever expierenced in my life. I have gone twice...it was $50 a day for me and the Mrs...without racing or entering the car show. If you want to race or enter the show...it's extra. Plus you have a membership fee...unless your already a BPG member. Oh...and if your car runs faster then 11.5's and you have no cage...stay home...for real. I was told by the promoter that if I can't pass tech to stay home, so me and my car have sat home the last 3 years...and will continue to.
Just an honest heads up.
That's good to know. If I go to BPG I'll probably just show but the cost seems ridiculous. I'm not a BPG member yet either. First and only time to the track with this car it did a 12.0@113 on a very conservative street tune up and no alky. I have an alky kit to install this winter so I have no doubt I'd easily be past that 11.5 limit with a more aggressive tune up.

Never been to the bpg event, but the gs nationals is a must see event. Went back in 2006 and been every year since.

Bg for sure if you like the racing part.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Never been to BPG but BG is great, like mentioned, if you want to race and see other really fast cars that may or may not have the proper safety equipment. :D

Well, I'm also in MD and have been to both BPG and BG. Although I haven't been to BG in a few years.

The date has changed for BG. it was in October for a while, but now it's the second week of Sept.

As mentioned above, I think both events have different things to offer. Bowling Green seems to have a real fun atmosphere. Even when it would rain, it was always a fun time back at the hotels and around town. The Corvette Musuem and factory tour are always on my 'to see' list. With the new Stingray, I wouldn't mind going back to BG and seeing that again. BPG doesn't seem as 'happening' in town, but from what I understand last year the host hotel and neighboring town held a car gathering, so that's cool.

Something to keep in mind... it takes me almost 11 hours to drive to BG. BPG can be done in less than six. So, that has been a deciding factor for me with gas prices. Although going in a caravan with other GNs to BG is a lot of fun.

Tough choice.

Well, I'm also in MD and have been to both BPG and BG. Although I haven't been to BG in a few years.

The date has changed for BG. it was in October for a while, but now it's the second week of Sept.

As mentioned above, I think both events have different things to offer. Bowling Green seems to have a real fun atmosphere. Even when it would rain, it was always a fun time back at the hotels and around town. The Corvette Musuem and factory tour are always on my 'to see' list. With the new Stingray, I wouldn't mind going back to BG and seeing that again. BPG doesn't seem as 'happening' in town, but from what I understand last year the host hotel and neighboring town held a car gathering, so that's cool.

Something to keep in mind... it takes me almost 11 hours to drive to BG. BPG can be done in less than six. So, that has been a deciding factor for me with gas prices. Although going in a caravan with other GNs to BG is a lot of fun.

Tough choice.
BG is still the best.:cool:

Just an honest heads up.

Very well put.. If you have intentions of racing and going faster than 11.5's without ALL the proper safety equipment DON'T go to the BPG at National Trail. Go to ANY other Buick event to race.

BG is still the best.:cool:

I have to agree!:D

There are usually several MAGNA members who attend the BPG event. I have never been to Bowling Green but may try to make it this year.

The GS Nats is the best Buick event period. Both race and show.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1389974123.143554.jpg

BG is back to October for 2014 FYI
I pulled up the GSCA forum and they are saying it is changed to Sept.but the Gsca website still says Oct.so I don't know.Ron posted 5 days ago that the date has changed to Sept 10-13 on the forum.

He also posted a quote from Richard changing it back to the original dates. The gs nationals changed the dates on the website to Sept right after the announcement, and since have changed it back to Oct.

Have been to both and the GS Nationals is a MUST SEE for any Buick enthusaist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BPG is very nice but really is much smaller event

Sounds like more seem to prefer the Bowling Green event. Maybe I'll shoot for that one. Only two events near me are East Coast Buick Regionals and Carlisle GM Nationals. Looking forward to something different.