Box in frames

movinfast

I'm doing a frame off and I seen a box in kit. I also seen some really nice brace work on over the rear axel. I know their good to have but is it something that should be done? If I'm not racing. I can see the box in kit helping out but over the rear wheel hump? I only plan to run low 11, 10.9. Which is still fast

I took my Monte down to a bare frame and doing a not so scientific before and after test sold me that even a stock G-Body will benefit from doing some boxing and bracing. Just think about what ties your two frame rails together......its not much.

Search "Pro Touring Grand National build from the ground up"
Dave did some awesome work on his frame. Plenty of pictures.

Search "Pro Touring Grand National build from the ground up"
Dave did some awesome work on his frame. Plenty of pictures.
I'm subscribe to that lol. That's what gave me the idea. But it's going to be a weekend driver should I go crazy like that

I'm subscribe to that lol. That's what gave me the idea. But it's going to be a weekend driver should I go crazy like that
Just the reinforcements. You don't need all the detail, but the stiffer you make it...the better it will perform. Every brace I added to my car...I could feel.

Just the reinforcements. You don't need all the detail, but the stiffer you make it...the better it will perform. Every brace I added to my car...I could feel.
Thanks coach that's what I needed to hear. Can u really feel the difference from it.

I'm not lying. My car has T tops. It squeaked and rattled like crazy. I did all body bushings and braces. It helped a ton. When I stiffen the frame it will really finish it off.

If you ever pick the frame up by itself from the back you'll understand why you want to box the center. It's a wet noodle and needs a ton of help.;)

If you ever pick the frame up by itself from the back you'll understand why you want to box the center. It's a wet noodle and needs a ton of help.;)
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1393552417.389572.jpg
something like this?