Bowling Green

dynoman

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I've heard that BG is going to be canceled ......... Anyone have info about that ???

Hello, I was wondering the same thing... I haven't heard anything but checked the Facebook page last night and there was no updates or news. Carlisle Productions just moved spring Carlisle to the end of May and and have another back up date for mid June. Barrett Jackson and Mecum have already cancelled two auctions. I wish I was wrong but this is only the tip of the iceberg. :-(

With just over 7 weeks away. I would bet the National is on the chopping block, with KY already asking there residents to stay at home.. I just can't see our members planning that trip in there right state of mind in these crisis. Let's all just pray.

In my area it's really bad and they have ordered all 'non essential' business to be closed - such as car dealerships, restaraunts, etc. The Sheriff and State Police are warning any stores and business they see open and after that arrested and fined if they don't heed the warning.

The Kentucky Derby is
The 146th Kentucky Derby will be rescheduled from May 2, 2020 to September 5, 2020

The Kentucky Derby is
The 146th Kentucky Derby will be rescheduled from May 2, 2020 to September 5, 2020

Hey Bob,thats the wrong race!;) But if this continues it might be the only game in town. Seriously I cant see this thing getting better soon. We are under a non essential work ban as of today. Take car to all my Buick family.

im waiting my follow up call to the vendors that sponser the class, until I see what is going to happen.I just dont feel right asking in these trying times with businesses struggling

AMEN.. if the 2020 Nationals are cancelled, and all Vendors survive this crisis , if there is a 2021 Nationals we all need to take a oath to attend in droves to make sure this is best National ever by far. All we got are each other. Blessed all of my Buick Family !!

AMEN.. if the 2020 Nationals are cancelled, and all Vendors survive this crisis , if there is a 2021 Nationals we all need to take a oath to attend in droves to make sure this is best National ever by far. All we got are each other. Blessed all of my Buick Family !!
Agreed. My wife is a small business owner so I know how everyone is struggling right now.

Any T shirts made for the 2020 already I want one of each. My wardrobe just would not be complete with out !:)

ATTENTION!! I've just received a call from the GSCA.
The race is CANCELLED.:cry:
A new date will be forthcoming, once Richard has finalized the details.
Will likely be next yr.
Richard is going to send me an official release. I'll post it when I get it.

Last edited:
Any T shirts made for the 2020 already I want one of each. My wardrobe just would not be complete with out !:)
T shirts will be available. They may have the script altered a bit, due to the rescheduling.

The official statement I just received from Richard:
To all of Our Buick GS Nationals Family and Friends
About 3 weeks ago, our 2020 GS Nationals was still a watchful "go", but then numerous situations began to rapidly change for the worse. It began suddenly with lock-downs throughout the U.S. and Canada. That meant there were many folks who'd eagerly planned to attend our Nationals but now couldn't do so through no fault of their own. That instantly became a raw deal. As the upward curve of the pandemic continued, the usual anticipation of our Nationals began to take on a dark cloud. Over the last two weeks, I was constantly on the phone with many folks including Bowling Green Mayor Bruce Wilkerson. He's was as uncertain as the rest of us as to the near future of his city. Like almost everywhere else, B.G. was under a basic lock-down. There's nothing worse than such confusion in planning an international event such as our Nationals. Numerous Europeans and several Australians had already contacted me about being unable to book flights to our special 40th Anniversary Nationals, and the usual domestic flights still had their own unique problems.
Nearly all of NY, CT and NJ are under lockdown which meant there would be no NE Chapter or Super 16 at our Nationals. We also lost our only two "Platinum" level sponsors who were under company lock-downs, and even our awards company had been unable to acquire product to print due to lock-downs in their supply chain. The "Domino Effects" continued to multiply ...
The Bottom Line: Rest assured that our 40th Anniversary GS Nationals along with our 50th Year GSX Reunion will happen, and it will all definitely be better than ever. The strong tentative reschedule is for May 12-15, 2021. Within a week we'll confirm for sure. Our GSNationals.com website will have the latest information. Also pictured there will be our now slightly revised 40th Anniversary GS Nationals shirt and awards design. I thank you all for your help, participation and understanding through these trying times.
Richard Lasseter
(229)244-4079