Bowling Green this year 2017

Wife says " lets go" did I mention I married a good women.:D Did not look at the weather and don't care, need a holiday. To all en route take care and see you wed morning.:)

Totally with ya, Kevin. I've had this planned all year. A rainy day at a Buick event is better than a nice day at work. Most people that look at the forecast are looking for a way out, imo.

Leaving Dallas at 3am! The GN has been wet before. ;)
See ya der Dave! You will be ahead of us late sleepers....wanted to bring the GN this year but not going to drive it there and the truck is broke :( Gotta take a ....to a Buick event...sux...ain't gonna say what I will be in lol

See ya der Dave! You will be ahead of us late sleepers....wanted to bring the GN this year but not going to drive it there and the truck is broke :( Gotta take a ....to a Buick event...sux...ain't gonna say what I will be in lol

As long as it's not a Chevy Citation, you're good...... ;):D:D:D

Wish I could be there...... ya' bunch a Bastid's.....:eek:

Last edited:
Flying out from Huntington Beach CA in the AM. Should be about 12 hours of flying and driving. I'll see you guys for an evening beer. :)

I talked to Brad at Boost Crew and he said that this would be a "Dry event". I wasn't quite sure what he was talking about, so I'm bringing a rain coat and a big bottle of tequila. Figured I'd cover all the bases. ;)

Happy spooling. Drive safe.

Mike Barnard

Good times at BG. Live band rocked until at least midnight. They also mix strong drinks here.(y)
Rumor has it that we'll have a dry track tomorrow. Everyone knew there'd be rain today, so everyone brought crazy booze from all four corners of North America. Tequila from the So West. Moon shine from South of here and I can't even remember after that. Time for bed. We just closed the bar down stairs. I think I'll sleep good tonight...:wacky::D

Darn... by the time I arrive Friday, will anyone still be standing. Sounds like a great start for 2017 Nationals. After this small batch of rain diminish, should be dry sailing for rest of the National.

Mike I'm from the South and the Moon Shine you mention probably got some pretty good history behind it. Maybe a sheriff of a small town and the chain gang brew that batch ??

Car count at BG 2017 is 120 Turbo Buicks or Turbo Buick powered vehicles. Plus, just as many of the older Buicks. :)

I was one of those 120! :) Didn't race or show but had a blast.

I did get asked four times "what kind of wheels are those?" :D

It was a great event and the stories and friendships will last a lifetime. BG is like a family of Buick owners, so many people just standing around laughing. We are already planning on next year but I have to find a job first................for another year

Here's one of the three vids I shot at the Rafferty's after party. I'll try to get another posted tonight.
Good times...:)

Happy spooling.
Mike B.

;)
It was a great event and the stories and friendships will last a lifetime. BG is like a family of Buick owners, so many people just standing around laughing. We are already planning on next year but I have to find a job first................for another year

And the reason for that?

Because it's been damn near 30 YEARS since the manufacturers have managed to come up with a single stock car that could keep up with a TR at the strip, period. :D

30 years is a LONG time to be on the top of the heap running a 6 holed car!!!!

The manufacture's HAVE stepped up lately. But now, each year they all seem come out with something bigger and better and try to top each other with every new iteration. (not that I don't love it...)

And yes, the manufacture's have come up with some serious stuff lately...... much of it trying to keep up with our mildly to wildly built 30 year old cars.... Our time might be at hand, but no 6 cylinder (or V8) has kicked ass so dominantly, consistently and for so long.

Beat that. ;)

Last edited:
Hot off the press from the GS Nats at BG.
Official Spoolfool FUN meter instructional video. (How to properly use a fun meter).

You saw it here first...;)

Happy Spooling.
Mike B.