Bowling Green Rule Update

Detomaso71

A few updates in BG rules that apply to H/U classes per GSCA (I am just messenger):

1. No hood mounted gauges are allowed.

2. Only Buick bodied cars are allowed.

For each & every other Nats. H/U class, as in the past, these items
are still currently applicable & adhered to by all the participating H/U
class racers.

Please make these adjustments to your rules postings.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Regards & see you in BG.

BUT I LIKE MY FUEL PRESSURE GUAGE UP THERE!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Have raced at Nat's before never had a problem before????

not a big deal just this is first I have ever heard this????

Guys I had three complaints about this stuff today. To be clear I had nothing to do with this, suddenly we have two sets of rules.

Take care, Kip

Any idea why they would let TTA's run in TAI but not THS??

no doubt, kind of a do what I say not as I do senario. I seriously doubt that will have much of an impact on car count. I believe this class to have nearly double the car count of any other Heads Up classes in BG.

I seriously doubt that will have much of an impact on car count.

While I agree that it probably won't have a huge impact on car count, I feel like it really detracts from the whole mentality of the class...I have always felt that this class is all about getting people to race heads up that never felt like they had a place in Buick racing before.

Here's my take. First the tta rule.....I'm thinking it was an oversight in the email. Second isthe gauge rule....in my experiences in tsm, we had our normal rra and no one from the gsca. What I'm saying is that we allow the gauge on the hood and they will probably never say anything or even care.
To me, That looks like a generic email that pertains to all classes.

Rules Follow Up

Got a call from GSCA today, again I am messenger. They were trying to reach Ed Mucha or me.
It sounds like the TTA thing was somehow overlooked or something by accident on the TAI class but I was told they only really like the Buick Bodied cars as the GSCA.
To clarify further, it was implied to me that TAI also should not allow TTAs BUT it was somehow initially overlooked etc and now they cant or wont dis-allow TTAs in that class. I know this is confusing, hell I am getting confused just trying to write it.
I am not sure if they would really turn you away if you went or disqualify a hood gauge but if I came all the way there I would at least be able to relocate the gauge and or run TAI (if have alky) as back up. Again I dont know any more than any of you do about any of this.
Hope we have a big turn out, the gauge thing seems kind of minor to me but I can see if you had a TTA and you were going to come to BG for THS for sure that this would be pretty frustrating.
If you have alky I would go and then if its really that big a deal and a true no go then run TAI instead?
It seems a lot of these thing are controlled by the collective RRAs of each class, so lets see if Ed has any further recs, I assume they called him today also.