Bought a new F150 with TT 2.7L V6

MCH86GN

I finally broke down and bought myself a full size pickup truck, XLT package with rear locking differential. I wanted the 3.5L TT v6, but I would've had to step up to a $65k package to do so. I went with the 2.7 and I'm impressed with the power output. I did drive the 3.5 and I was able to break the tires loose. It would be pretty cool to put a 3.5 in a turbo Regal. Could easily get 600whp out of it and lots of torque and not have to worry about the block splitting in half. Anyway, it's a really nice truck. Ford has done a pretty good job with their powertrain selection and products. GM needs to start offering smaller displacement blocks with turbos on them if they want to stay in the race with Ford on the pickup truck line. GM has 3.0L TT that outputs 400hp and 400foot#s of torque in their powertrain lineup or hell place a single turbo on the 4.3L v6 or twin turbo the 3.6L.

I think if you look they have had a 2.7 four cylinder turbo engine available in the Silverado. Might be fine if all you carry in the box is air or a small cargo trailer filled with the same but any real towing with that and it will fry in no time.

Sold my Crew cab Duramax dually and bought a new 3.5L ecoboost in 2011 and never looked back. I am on my third one and now want a Raptor lol. Towed 10k # enclosed loaded with tools a Buick and quad to BG at 70 mph and even got decent gas mileage. Awesome trucks and GM can go suck a big one IMO.

Sold my Crew cab Duramax dually and bought a new 3.5L ecoboost in 2011 and never looked back. I am on my third one and now want a Raptor lol. Towed 10k # enclosed loaded with tools a Buick and quad to BG at 70 mph and even got decent gas mileage. Awesome trucks and GM can go suck a big one IMO.
I don't care if its a Ford or GM, I just don't see a small engine being rated to tow iirc 12,000# under almost constant boost lasting that long doing it very often. The Raptor is a cool looking truck but if I'm spending that much money I better be able to take a shower in it, lol.

Who would even consider buying a truck without having their dog check it out first and getting a paws up!

Hunter needs a moonroof ! All our cars have em except for an old Olds wagon. It has a glass roof but doesn't open. He gets in the car an stares at it waiting for it to open. :rolleyes: No he isn't spoiled !

Hunter needs a moonroof ! All our cars have em except for an old Olds wagon. It has a glass roof but doesn't open. He gets in the car an stares at it waiting for it to open. :rolleyes: No he isn't spoiled !
I remember those, something like 67-68? How about a Suburban for him? A friend has an extended cab chevy and his dog refuses to ride in the back so if when his wife goes she sits in back, lol. My guy isn't spoiled like yours.

I don't care if its a Ford or GM, I just don't see a small engine being rated to tow iirc 12,000# under almost constant boost lasting that long doing it very often. The Raptor is a cool looking truck but if I'm spending that much money I better be able to take a shower in it, lol.

I have owned one now for 8 years and have towed thousands of miles with a 3.5 TT, race car, equipment, boats etc I have had ZERO issues with any of the 3 trucks I have owned. My current 2016 actually ran 14.50's at QCR with zero prep 100% stock and its a 4WD Super Cab Lariat. I am actually planning to mod this truck soon too. I have never modified any of them in the past but really like this one and planning to keep it for awhile.

by the way guys real trucks don't have spark plugs !!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
that is very impressive those eco boost fords I almost bought one but I do haul a big equipment trailer with a heavy ass cat skid steer with implements back a forth to the courses

Last edited:
I have owned one now for 8 years and have towed thousands of miles with a 3.5 TT, race car, equipment, boats etc I have had ZERO issues with any of the 3 trucks I have owned. My current 2016 actually ran 14.50's at QCR with zero prep 100% stock and its a 4WD Super Cab Lariat. I am actually planning to mod this truck soon too. I have never modified any of them in the past but really like this one and planning to keep it for awhile.
Maybe GM and Ford are using this as a stopgap measure until they come out with a diesel for the 1/2 tons.

Mine is only rated to tow 7500 and the heaviest thing I will ever tow is my GN. The 2.7L block is out of composite graphite iron, which is the same material used in diesel blocks.

I LOVE MY DOGS SO MUCH
HERE IS A GREAT LITTLE BIT ON DOGS

wondering aloud about the sad fact that dogs' lives are shorter than human lives. Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, ”I know why.”
Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I’d never heard a more comforting explanation. It has changed the way I try and live.
He said, ”People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life — like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?” The six-year-old continued,
”Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don’t have to stay for as long as we do.”
Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply.
Speak kindly.
Remember, if a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:
• When your loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
• Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
• Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure Ecstasy.
• Take naps.
• Stretch before rising.
• Run, romp, and play daily.
• Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
• Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
• On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
• On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
• When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
• Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
• Be faithful.
• Never pretend to be something you’re not.
• If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
• When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.
That's the secret of happiness that we can learn from a good dog.

Maybe GM and Ford are using this as a stopgap measure until they come out with a diesel for the 1/2 tons.

Actually Ford released a Powerstroke 3.0L 250hp 440Tq in the F150. I agree though if buying a 3/4 ton or bigger truck I would definitely get another diesel, Cummins most likely. I drive my truck as a commuter WAY more than I tow with it which is the reason I got rid of the dually and my Pontiac G8 and just got a nice F150 instead. And we do take our dog Ella everywhere we go with it too, lol!

OP how about a pic of the new truck, I test drove a 2.7 before I picked up my most recent truck and they are stout little engines for sure. I am planning some mods with mine sometime soon. I am planning on a leveling kit on with the Bilstien shocks/struts along with new wheels and 33" tires. I have a set of Anzo switchback headlights I need to install along with upgrading the shitty factory headlights. I want to do a tune, exhaust and CAI kit which I told is enought to get the truck to run high 12s.

I don't see a 80's 6 banger being able to rip 10 second 1/4's on a stock bottom end, but here we are.

Actually Ford released a Powerstroke 3.0L 250hp 440Tq in the F150. I agree though if buying a 3/4 ton or bigger truck I would definitely get another diesel, Cummins most likely. I drive my truck as a commuter WAY more than I tow with it which is the reason I got rid of the dually and my Pontiac G8 and just got a nice F150 instead. And we do take our dog Ella everywhere we go with it too, lol!

OP how about a pic of the new truck, I test drove a 2.7 before I picked up my most recent truck and they are stout little engines for sure. I am planning some mods with mine sometime soon. I am planning on a leveling kit on with the Bilstien shocks/struts along with new wheels and 33" tires. I have a set of Anzo switchback headlights I need to install along with upgrading the shitty factory headlights. I want to do a tune, exhaust and CAI kit which I told is enought to get the truck to run high 12s.
I doubt if Ella cares if it gets into the 12s, lol. Funny how lots of people seem to be complaining about the new headlights from lots of the manufacturers. Never saw Ford did a 3.0 diesel, haven't noticed one on the street yet. Guessing you're out of warranty to do the upgrades.

I don't see a 80's 6 banger being able to rip 10 second 1/4's on a stock bottom end, but here we are.
But than again you're dishing out $80-90 grand so it should be able to V/STOL for that price. Hmm, wonder what someone could do with that 4.3 with a fraction of that money. Than again, maybe I'm just living in the past and like old school things when life was so much simpler.

Nothing special, just XLT with 302a package. Here you can see the color, it's a dark red called magma red. Second picture is my truck and my boss' boss Ram with Cummins diesel.

Attachments

• IMG_1908.JPG
    IMG_1908.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1906.JPG
    IMG_1906.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 36