BOTTOM END REBUILD TIME (WANT 9:1 SOMEHOW) BUDGET FRIENDLY ADVISE WELCOME

gtfrede

Designated LSX Hater
I fell victim to my number 1 injector plug not being seated on my injector in boost (just driving 12-14psi) the other night and destroyed the hyper underneath it in about 3 milliseconds...big time bummer...block is .30 over and hoping that the cylinder wall is not affected ....being that i need new pistons I cannot seem to find anything higher than 7.96:1 that is readily available (wanting forged .40 over)...i need some advise and direction on what to do with this thing...reaching my hand out and asking cause I really just dont know exactly what to do with it...bearing selection (king? clevite?)...should I deck the block and mill the heads...what about head gasket selection?....
This is horrible timing for me being that i owe so much still on the car itself...
couple things are certain....stock rods and crank will be used and I would like to use ARP's throughout with studs....will also be modding the front cover myself...also would like to assemble it myself...budget=as low as possible but im assuming it will cost me more than $1500 to do this...

Mild street car with mods in my signature with the only planned future modifications being alchohol and maybe a te44....

I want to do this once and do it right

WHAT WOULD THE BUICK GODS DO???

JW,Josh,Don, Dave, Lonnie,Nick I really need your guys advise

(Ive lost many an opportunity in the past due to my ignorance but now is the time to man up and ask when I need help)

I wont be able to do this without some guidance and I figured this thread would be the best place to start....

My cell is 513 306 8761 if anyone could call me or shoot me a text if they have any good parts just laying around that they would like to sell...I will be having a little bit of money from taxes so...

Thanks guys,
Greg

.....................couple things are certain....stock rods and crank will be used and I would like to use ARP's throughout with studs....will also be modding the front cover myself...also would like to assemble it myself...budget=as low as possible but im assuming it will cost me more than $1500 to do this.............I want to do this once and do it right

Thanks guys,
Greg

Sorry about your mis-fortune, and usually I have a built stock short block that would fit your needs. However, since that is not the case, I will give you some basic info about a possible build.

The machine work and labor to build a short block will probably exceed your $1500 budget. When you add pistons, rings, bearings and other parts needed that would about double your number.

This still does not include ARP hardware, gaskets, head work and other items needed to do a complete engine build.

Cast pistons and low-cost forged pistons are not available unless you can find them in old stock. A good forged piston and ring package is about $800, so you can get an idea how expensive a good engine build is for reliable performance.

I will be glad to discuss additional details by phone or e-mail if you like.

Pistons will be $600-700. You should just source a stock short block and run it till you have the $ to build a better short block.

hey guy, i may have a solution for you cheap, i have a 39k shortblock. pm me your phone number, i can call you if you like, rob

If budget is a real concern (which it sounds like it is) a stock short block is safe to 10.70-50's properly tuned. Stick with a good short block from someone on here and drive it like you stole it. :)

Threerail please call me if you can sometime 5133068761 and nick I would love to chat with you sometime...but maybe I should wait till I get some really good organized ideas together....

My half plan was speed pro forged 7.96:1 pistons from jegs in the 300 dollar range with arps and a master rebuild gasket kit with bearings and machine work with my cam and stock heads....that would run 3000 or so?

Call Nick now. He'll be able to help you decide how to get it done. He does know what he's doing after all.:)

Good 'ol St. Nick. Kinda like talking with a motor head Santa Claus. Yep, he can help you out. Before you finalize your plan talk with him. He can surely help with the finalization with out any mistakes in part procurement.

This is my nephew who I've been trying to steer in the right direction for years.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.