Bother the mechanic….

If it's DOS based then it's likely Direct Scan. Tough to say what your dad used as a command prompt. You might try C, I think that was the default on mine when I had it. I don't recall it logging boost. I figured out how to use it and then PL came out. It'll work, but you need a DOS computer. Scanmaster pulls its data from the ALDL port which is slower than the ECM so SM is far less accurate than PL.

If it's DOS based then it's likely Direct Scan. Tough to say what your dad used as a command prompt. You might try C, I think that was the default on mine when I had it. I don't recall it logging boost. I figured out how to use it and then PL came out. It'll work, but you need a DOS computer. Scanmaster pulls its data from the ALDL port which is slower than the ECM so SM is far less accurate than PL.
Yes that’s it. I recall seeing something in the extra parts about direct scan. As far as the computer, there is a teensy one in the console of the car. I have cranked it up but have not been successful in getting past the first menus. So that’s a bust. But a new chip and SM should help all that hopefully.

Yep.... I agree with the more ' seasoned members ' advice here & so should you. Please don't take this as a Lecture or anything like that. It also appears, to this 'dick' anyway, that you joined this Forum 2 days ago. If you found your Mechanics name mentioned on this board a few times.... Please enlighten us. That might be a better way of asking specific advice here ? Just Say'n.
Good to ask questions , but we all have to use a bit o' common sense & patience. Look'n forward to hearing what your new mechanic tells you next Monday morning .....That is , after he's had his coffee & turns the heat on . Red Bay , you said , Eh ?

Yep.... I agree with the more ' seasoned members ' advice here & so should you. Please don't take this as a Lecture or anything like that. It also appears, to this 'dick' anyway, that you joined this Forum 2 days ago. If you found your Mechanics name mentioned on this board a few times.... Please enlighten us. That might be a better way of asking specific advice here ? Just Say'n.
Good to ask questions , but we all have to use a bit o' common sense & patience. Look'n forward to hearing what your new mechanic tells you next Monday morning .....That is , after he's had his coffee & turns the heat on . Red Bay , you said , Eh ?
Actually I joined about a year or so ago, but it kicked me out when the site went down a couple months ago. Stopped getting emails and everything (I think the last one I got was Feb 28th). His name is Lane Culver. I actually got it first from a man here in town that knew him personally. So I did some research and found him here mentioned from way back several times. I also asked my local car group and got tons of general good responses. The next closest guy is in Red Bay. Tried calling him a few times, left a few messages and never heard a peep. So if I can’t even get in touch I doubt I can get my car in, and am not too sure I want to. I am doing what I can, and what feels right. If it is not the right call, then I guess I’ll know soon.

I didn’t want to start a whole new thread because I honestly didn’t know where to put this, but for those of you that have talk to me before know that I knew very little about the car. Well I got my reluctant to share brother to start talking about it today and got a little more information out of him, lol. So here’s what he gave me:
The car has GN1 heads with o-rings and a fuel race port, a modified T 62 turbo, roller cam and lifters, and it was bored .30 or .35 over (he couldn’t remember which. I was so starved for this info, he has a tub of receipts that I am gonna get my hands on and go through, but this info was like crack to a crackhead to me- just what I needed, (but I’m gonna need another fix, of course). So now I need to digest this info, some is easy to find and some not so much.

I posted the link for that thumbwheel chip the first time you posted about the car.

I posted the link for that thumbwheel chip the first time you posted about the car.
Yes! I read up on it and it was super interesting but still didn’t really know how to operate it without an interface. Not sure the computer was actually operational.

Whaaaaaat ? :ROFLMAO:
Which part? Lol, I am not literally a crackhead, hopefully that is not needed to be said. But I have not gotten any info, and my brother, though he has worked extensively on this car, has given me nada til now to go on. When my dad decided to start tearing it down and working on it was when I left home and my brother worked on it with him. So he knows so much about it but doesn’t really tell me much, y’all can deduce the reason. So any info really is like a drug, just can’t get enough once you’ve had a little, lol.

I was successful with these cars for this reason:

Haha, well I can’t speak for my dad, but my limitations are waaayyyyy higher than his. So though it may have had 750hp at some point, I’m thinking I will never tap into that nor produce that in my lifetime. And I am ok with that.

This is what I would do. New fuel pump, new fuel filter, have the injectors cleaned, hotwire fuel pump kit, hotwire injector kit. Get yourself a 5.7 chip and tell Eric you're gonna run it at 20 PSI. It'll have enuf fuel in it that it won't hurt itself. Back the adjuster off as far as possible. Those high boost actuators start off about 16 lbs. Enjoy the car and cruise it around, and stay off the loud pedal. I'd even go so far as to install a stock actuator...cuz they max out at 14 pounds. Don't let anyone talk you into shit you don't need.

This is what I would do. New fuel pump, new fuel filter, have the injectors cleaned, hotwire fuel pump kit, hotwire injector kit. Get yourself a 5.7 chip and tell Eric you're gonna run it at 20 PSI. It'll have enuf fuel in it that it won't hurt itself. Back the adjuster off as far as possible. Those high boost actuators start off about 16 lbs. Enjoy the car and cruise it around, and stay off the loud pedal. I'd even go so far as to install a stock actuator...cuz they max out at 14 pounds. Don't let anyone talk you into shit you don't need.
Yeah, it is pretty much already done, so there really isn’t much to do anyways. Not much else to sell me on tbh, and if someone tries then they are a saleaman not a mechanic. You guys have been awesome and believe me, I have listened to your advice and if my threads were still there I would go back and reference them. I appreciate the tutoring me and advice. Everything is duly noted!! Y’all are the gurus and I the student!! Lol.

This "mechanic" What are his credentials?
Does he understand electricity, or just oil changes and grease jobs?
Does he work with finesse or is he a bull in a china shop?
How are his employees, are they any good, or just full of themselves and fart cans rule type of guys?