Bother the mechanic….

Heskahoka

Supporting Member
Took a cruise a couple nights ago to exercise the car and get a Slurpee.

On the way home, I was going down our normal and fairly empty drag. At the light I pull up to a Blood red Charger 392 Scat Pack, dark tint, windows up.

A the green, I pull away from the light gracefully, the Charger does too, then gets into it and leaps away.

Me: Hmm, if he does that again...

About 100 yards ahead, the Charger slows down, waits for me and I ease the shifter from OD to D.
We are side by side at about 40 mph. He gets into it with a lot of Hemi noise and I ease into the pedal.

Charger Dude surprisingly jumps about a car and a half ahead of me quickly, with me committing the pedal full to the floor. We are both all in and I start reeling him in.
I accelerate pass him by about 3/4 of a car then hit the binders, point proven.

He catches up to me now with tinted windows down.
Him: Nice run, my bottle was not primed, so it took awhile to kick in!
Me: I get it, it took a little while for me to spool up my little V6.

His face was was still smiling, but his eyes went blank.

Him: We should do it from a stop.
Me: That would probably not work out for you either, my car was built for that!

We wave our goodbyes, another kill in the books.

Attachments

• LogFile 4.dat
    291.5 KB · Views: 253
A local yokle has 2 Vipers. One is supposedly a factory hotrod, of some sort, GT, maybe?
My bud and I go to Dunkin on Sunday morns. He's there w/ the blue one. Starts talking trash to his bud, about how fast the car is.
NP, we wait til they leave, and follow him out onto the 4 lane. First lite=red. PURFECT! ;)
The GN is on 116, and slicks. Boost is turned down to 25.
Gave him the leave. Once the slicks hooked, we went by so fast, I doubt he had time to make an excuse to his buddy.
Lo and behold, he shows up the next Sunday. This time, it's the so called hotrod.
Same results, different day.
Next time we saw him, he wouldn't speak. I asked him if had any fast cars, that he could drive over the next weekend...A dirty look and crickets!

That's the problem w/these new cars. Everybody thinks they are so fast. Pretty bad when a 30 yr old car can run with them or better. I'm not impressed with ANY of this new junk. Check back in 30 years with your crap.

That's the problem w/these new cars. Everybody thinks they are so fast. Pretty bad when a 30 yr old car can run with them or better. I'm not impressed with ANY of this new junk. Check back in 30 years with your crap.
30 years from now I plan on living in some type of mad max style real life movie situation so I won't be able to check back.

. . . . we went by so fast, I doubt he had time to make an excuse to his buddy.
. . . . I asked him if had any fast cars, that he could drive over the next weekend...A dirty look and crickets!
Doesn't sound like a race. That was a statement! Lol

That was an awesome question! Lol! You are my hero of the year!