Borg Warner turbo in a Turbo Buick!

............."Very Relaxed Tech". I had a ball there in March, that's when Dennis hurt the transmission we all did the 3 day turnaround on!

Thanks for the info Guy, I sure would like to be there on the 11th, but I am headed back East for the Turbo Buick.com event next week in North Carolina, and also will visit with other friends as well, so I will not return until May12.

Thanks for the info Guy, I sure would like to be there on the 11th, but I am headed back East for the Turbo Buick.com event next week in North Carolina, and also will visit with other friends as well, so I will not return until May12.

Let me know who wins TIA, tell them they owe me $20........ :D

Looks amazing nick.. nice job on the inner fenders Lyle.

Nick, if I may can I make a suggestion?

Please remove those plug wires and replace with some black ones please [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Nick did those inner fenders become available for sale. Or are they custom built local only.

Custom local only and big $$$

Only know of 2 sets and I have the other set

Brent, I hope it will pass your inspection now with black wires? :confused:

BLACK WIRES.JPG

Last edited:
It passes that's for sure. Looks nice nick.. can't wait to see it at bates. Ours will look nice parked togther

It passes that's for sure. Looks nice nick.. can't wait to see it at bates. Ours will look nice parked togther

I'll believe it when I see it, Brent........ :D

Wow.. thanks guy..

Let me know when the car makes it over to your place. I know we are very close

Brent, you don't want that setup. Go ahead and have nick remove it and send it to me. Thanks. :D

Yesterday was a nice day for a ride so it was time for a ride in the Limited for the first time after the tuning was done and all seemed ready.

Started right up after sitting a couple weeks ran nice idled fine. After a warmup, went about 1/2 mile and then put about 10 psi boost feel the response and did not sound right?

Made an immediate u-tune for the garage, and it was running like crap, like on 5 cylinders?

After checking, cyl no. 3 was not happy, and the picture shows why?

A few "tuning sessions", we have had similar results, but problems like this reminds us that no matter how careful and conservative we are when tuning a new build, stuff happens?

Hope that I can at least have the head installed before I leave for the East coast tomorrow.

HEAD GASKET.JPG

The head was freshened and surfaced, and is bolted on the engine. The intake and header will have to wait until I return next week.

It pays to have a great association with your engine builder which is only a mile away! :)

Yes it does... your very lucky

Yesterday was a nice day for a ride so it was time for a ride in the Limited for the first time after the tuning was done and all seemed ready.

Started right up after sitting a couple weeks ran nice idled fine. After a warmup, went about 1/2 mile and then put about 10 psi boost feel the response and did not sound right?

Made an immediate u-tune for the garage, and it was running like crap, like on 5 cylinders?

A few "tuning sessions", we have had similar results, but problems like this reminds us that no matter how careful and conservative we are when tuning a new build, stuff happens?

Hope that I can at least have the head installed before I leave for the East coast tomorrow.

View attachment 302571
Looks like a firecracker was used to bust it out.

View attachment 302571
Wonder what 20 psi would have looked like?