Boosted RPS and Gee M Racing

I got worried also. Hopefully I can get these to work with not to much hassle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

After this customer told me about his header fitment, I test fit my Stage 2 headers, and I had the same problem.

I want to send them back to them to fix, but they haven't said anything about fixing all the other sets, or about how they are going to address/compensate the people who bought their headers and then had to pay another person to modify them to fit!

As of this point, I will no longer be recommending these headers.

In fact, I should almost just take them off the website completely....

This is just my opinion since I was brought up yet again.

These headers should be returned to the vendor the OP got them from which I believe is RPS if that's what he wants to do.

That said vendor should honor the return if they haven't been run and are in the same condition he got them in.

The OP beef is with RPS not with Gee M if he bought them from RPS.

RPS needs to deal with Gee M to figure out if they are going to refund RPS money or fix the bad headers or send him a new set

The OP doesn't need to be dealing with Gee M at all IMOP.

The OP should get a full refund plus whatever it cost to return them to the vendor he got them from or a new set of headers.

And as far as getting a 32 dollar bill from FedEx. Customs fees should clearly be brought up to the purchaser and explain they will need to cover that or the vendor will cover it under there shipping cost.

If I buy something from a vendor and i pay for shipping and FedEx wants more shipping money from me I will send that package back and refuse it.

Not saying this wasn't brought up but if it wasnt, bringing it up after the fact and saying custom fees doesn't make things right. I would be demanding money back.

Anyways this is why I'm not a vendor. You need to make customers happy and sometimes you have issues like this and yes it takes money away from the business but at the end of the day it needs to be right. Same thing when I sell parts on the board if the customer isn't 100 percent happy send it back to me in the condition you got it and I'll refund your money.

Pointing fingers is BS.

CHEERS....

X2

Calling your customer "DENSE" is incredibly ironic.

I will be getting mine fixed over Thanksgiving on my dime also getting the EGT bungs welded in at the same time

I will be getting mine fixed over Thanksgiving on my dime also getting the EGT bungs welded in at the same time

When you say "fixed" do you mean the pipe re-welded to align the bolt hole perfectly? If that is the main issue, I would run them a couple times and heat cycle them to see if the fitment improves.

EGT bungs?

When you ordered your headers, you didn't want EGT bungs?

And FWIW, after talking with Duttweiler, EGT's ahouldn't be used for tuning purposes, over a wideband.

A half inch variance in mounting depth for the EGT can mean a 50degree difference in temperature reading....so EGTs are really only good for making sure your cylinder is firing, and that is about it.

Keep.in mind that with the MS3 you will have to buy a CAN bus to EGT adapter to tranlate the signal from the EGT thermocoupler to a signal the CAN bus can interpret.

That piece is about $300-$400 by itself.

I guess what I am trying to say, is if you didn't order your headers with EGT bungs in them, it isnt't worth the hassle to have them installed, becuase EGT probes are difficult to install so that they are accurate tuning tools. I'd keep your money and either save it, or put it towards something you can actually use.

My two cents.

When you say "fixed" do you mean the pipe re-welded to align the bolt hole perfectly? If that is the main issue, I would run them a couple times and heat cycle them to see if the fitment improves.

EGT bungs?

When you ordered your headers, you didn't want EGT bungs?

And FWIW, after talking with Duttweiler, EGT's ahouldn't be used for tuning purposes, over a wideband.

A half inch variance in mounting depth for the EGT can mean a 50degree difference in temperature reading....so EGTs are really only good for making sure your cylinder is firing, and that is about it.

Keep.in mind that with the MS3 you will have to buy a CAN bus to EGT adapter to tranlate the signal from the EGT thermocoupler to a signal the CAN bus can interpret.

That piece is about $300-$400 by itself.

I guess what I am trying to say, is if you didn't order your headers with EGT bungs in them, it isnt't worth the hassle to have them installed, becuase EGT probes are difficult to install so that they are accurate tuning tools. I'd keep your money and either save it, or put it towards something you can actually use.

My two cents.
Doubt KD said they shouldnt be used for tuning. How is a WB going to tell you when a cylinder is going leaner than the rest. EGt's are a very useful piece of tuning for that reason!!

Doubt KD said they shouldnt be used for tuning. How is a WB going to tell you when a cylinder is going leaner than the rest. EGt's are a very useful piece of tuning for that reason!!

I should clarify- he said they were difficult to use so that they are all 100% accurate.

When I was shop talking to him about tuning my engine he is going to build, he said that he uses the widebands for tuning, and the EGTs just to make sure that the cylinders are firing.