Boosted RPS and Gee M Racing

The Granny

These guys have been great to deal with, always answer the phone, and are truly passionate about bringing high quality parts to our small turbo buick world. I would highly recommend both of these companies to any of my buddies looking for quality parts.

In this thread, I go into more detail about the Gee M Racing headers and the customer service Boosted RPS has to offer.

https://turbobuick.com/posts/3794614/

Before you get to many of these headers out there I will let you know the flanges are not aligned with the holes in the heads you mill need to do some work on the bolt holes to the head and the crossover is about 1/4" off and will either need to be cut and extended or use some sort of band clamp after cutting it. if you want pics I can post some up.

Before you get to many of these headers out there I will let you know the flanges are not aligned with the holes in the heads you mill need to do some work on the bolt holes to the head and the crossover is about 1/4" off and will either need to be cut and extended or use some sort of band clamp after cutting it. if you want pics I can post some up.

thank you for sharing this info, if you don't mind posting the pics that'd be interesting to see. all of my holes in the head aligned perfectly, each bolt went in with ease. the crossover pipe mated perfectly underneath the car, and i had installed it on a lift so to my eyes, my fathers, and uncles, it was all good to go

did you bring any of that up to Gee M? they might have redesigned the headers since then. just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you for sharing this info, if you don't mind posting the pics that'd be interesting to see. all of my holes in the head aligned perfectly, each bolt went in with ease. the crossover pipe mated perfectly underneath the car, and i had installed it on a lift so to my eyes, my fathers, and uncles, it was all good to go

did you bring any of that up to Gee M? they might have redesigned the headers since then. just a thought

No I have not brought anything up. I've been taking a break from social media. I'm running aluminum heads btw. There shouldn't be any difference but for $1200 bucks (retail) they should fit perfect. I only paid $400 for mine so I'm not bitching just letting you know there are fitment issues. I'll post pics. I've been installing them and some other stuff recently.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I would like to see some pics??
I will post some this weekend. The car is only getting my attention on the weekends. You also cannot use studs with them there is no room to slide them on by the passenger control arm.

No I have not brought anything up. I've been taking a break from social media. I'm running aluminum heads btw. There shouldn't be any difference but for $1200 bucks (retail) they should fit perfect. I only paid $400 for mine so I'm not bitching just letting you know there are fitment issues. I'll post pics. I've been installing them and some other stuff recently.

Gotcha. And i agree 100%. With the issue with my EGT bungs, they offered to remove and install the correct EGT bungs if i were to ship the headers back to them, but with them in Finland and me in the states that didn't make much sense. It was more practical for me to get them worked on locally. I'm surprised they didn't offer to pay for the labor/bungs at the fab shop, luckily Tyler stood up and took care of the cost 100% for me. i know you're not bitching i'm not taking it like that at all, no worries there

I will post some this weekend. The car is only getting my attention on the weekends. You also cannot use studs with them there is no room to slide them on by the passenger control arm.

i've got another thread where there's been a couple questions about fitment with these headers, i have the link in my original post. would you mind posting those pictures and any other info you would like to share there? it'd be nice to consolidate what info we have there rather than spread it across the board, that way for anyone in the future looking for information on them can open one thread and have everything there

Gotcha. And i agree 100%. With the issue with my EGT bungs, they offered to remove and install the correct EGT bungs if i were to ship the headers back to them, but with them in Finland and me in the states that didn't make much sense. It was more practical for me to get them worked on locally. I'm surprised they didn't offer to pay for the labor/bungs at the fab shop, luckily Tyler stood up and took care of the cost 100% for me. i know you're not bitching i'm not taking it like that at all, no worries there

I love the headers they fit great on a engine I had out of the car but it had iron heads and looks great. The work is spectacular too

I love the headers they fit great on a engine I had out of the car but it had iron heads and looks great. The work is spectacular too

So the headers worked fine on iron heads but not aluminum? Whose heads? Did you buy these from RPS?

I never installed them on my car they were installed on a engine stand. Saturday I installed them on my car and the crossover has issues no I bought them direct. I can post pics Saturday. The car is not at my house
d4fb2430d7f7d0645959b642212093e0.jpg

I would like to get these fixed for you without sending them back over the ocean.

Let me see what we can do and I will get back with you.

Hey Will,

About the fitment- a friend recently had the same issue with the crossover pipe being a struggle.

Juha recommended starting on the passenger side first and then doing the drivers side. It will take some force, but as time goes on it will become easier.

I am sorry to hear about the bolt holes not lining up. I can honestly tell you that Juha and I work VERY closely everytime an issue arises so that we can address it and prevent it from happening again.

I know you have one of the first few pairs of these headers to make it to the states- I believe you got yours in September, no? So it should be said that there have been A LOT of improvements on these heads since they were first released, and Ari and Juha are constantly trying to improve upon their design.

If you have bolt holes that don't line up, we would like to help you with this situation.

Are the headers still not lining up, or have you drilled out the flanges? Please let either Reggie or myself know, and we will do everything in our power to make sure that the product you paid for-whether we sold it to you or not-functions and operates just as it should.

I don't need you to do anything. I'm 100% satisfied. If anyone wants pics I will send or post them on Saturday. The car is about 25miles away. I'm getting it all worked out. It's a race car so who cares about a little cutting and welding. Lol
8fb09fb84a3525352afcbf24d851f43e.jpg

Hey Will,

About the fitment- a friend recently had the same issue with the crossover pipe being a struggle.

Juha recommended starting on the passenger side first and then doing the drivers side. It will take some force, but as time goes on it will become easier.

I am sorry to hear about the bolt holes not lining up. I can honestly tell you that Juha and I work VERY closely everytime an issue arises so that we can address it and prevent it from happening again.

I know you have one of the first few pairs of these headers to make it to the states- I believe you got yours in September, no? So it should be said that there have been A LOT of improvements on these heads since they were first released, and Ari and Juha are constantly trying to improve upon their design.

If you have bolt holes that don't line up, we would like to help you with this situation.

Are the headers still not lining up, or have you drilled out the flanges? Please let either Reggie or myself know, and we will do everything in our power to make sure that the product you paid for-whether we sold it to you or not-functions and operates just as it should.
I can do the mods myself. I'm not complaining. I'm just letting you all know there was a fitment issue on mine. There isn't anything wrong. If you run a 4 bolt housing the turbo sits 1.5-2" lower you will need to adjust your intercooler piping and clock the exhaust housing. I will put the air through them I assure you. Lol. I'm satisfied so no worries.

We meant no offense.

We simply wanted to help out a fellow Buick brother, and since we have experience with these headers, we thought we would mention it-just in case.

I am glad you are happy with your headers now. That is the most important thing.

I used a carbide bit to oblong the front most hole on header to head flange

We meant no offense.

We simply wanted to help out a fellow Buick brother, and since we have experience with these headers, we thought we would mention it-just in case.

I am glad you are happy with your headers now. That is the most important thing.
I appreciate that. I will try the crossover on passenger side 1st and see how that goes. I will post pics sat

I appreciate that. I will try the crossover on passenger side 1st and see how that goes. I will post pics sat

Of course man. We are here to help.

If Buick vendors can't be counted on to help in these types of situations, then what good are we to the people?

Please keep us updated as Saturday arrives.

Of course man. We are here to help.

If Buick vendors can't be counted on to help in these types of situations, then what good are we to the people?

Please keep us updated as Saturday arrives.
I'll probably forget but someone can remind me by texting me 405-361-5362.