Boost/rpm fluctuation

larrym

West Coast Newfy
I run a turbonetics evolution waste gate I have been tuning the car and have got it running really well I'm on a quest for a 10 sec tip slip
My car spools quick, when I check my logs the boost fluctuates 1/2 psi and rpm about 65 in 3rd gear.
I found 2 exhaust leaks at the waste gate and hoped sealing them up would correct the problem but no...
I'm going the try it with just the spring no lines and see what that does. I have checked for other exhaust leaks and vacuum leaks all appears well. My buddy suggested new plugs as well thinks I might have a weak hole that only shows up under heavy load. Anything else I should look at? If it's fine with just the spring are these gates rebuild able?
I looked for a kit but found nothing. Green is RPM blue is boost.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1463934451.616897.jpg

Just so I'm correct in my thinking if I disconnect both vacuum lines To the gate I should be running on spring pressure in the gate alone say 15 psi?
If it climbs to 28 psi in the blink of an eye I have a problem......

Looks normal to me. The values you see are snapshots of the actual data and the dots are concerned between them. Usually running off a spring only or using an increase and decrease solenoid will result in more linear numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just so I'm correct in my thinking if I disconnect both vacuum lines To the gate I should be running on spring pressure in the gate alone say 15 psi?
If it climbs to 28 psi in the blink of an eye I have a problem......
If running on spring only with no pressure to the bottom you will need a lighter spring.

Thanks for the reply Brian.
I found 5 shims in the gate and this spring diaphragm looks good. I will start by pulling them out and see where it's at with spring alone.
So I should not be too concerned about the fluctuation? I assume the closer I get on spring alone the better off I am?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1463945732.444147.jpg

next question which is the most reliable way to control boost mine is hooked up as per image 3

Attachments

• TialWastegateHookup2.gif
    TialWastegateHookup2.gif
    15.3 KB · Views: 119