boost problem

mojilla

I can not get my car ot boost over 15 psi. The car was running great and then I took it out and all of sudden it wont boost over 15 psi. Everything seems to run ok even when I get on the car. I am usually running 25 psi.
No unusual scanmaster readings or engine codes.
Any suggestions would be great. Is there any way to test the boost solinoid?

I had the same thing happen today (with much smaller boost numbers of course). The 7/32 rubber hoses to the "Y" and the wastegate were rotten and split. I went from 17 PSI to 8 PSI in a flash That was my first thought when I read your post, but going from 25 to 15 PSI must be from a different cause, but worth checking anyway. :)

I have the same problem I cant get my car pass over 10 pounds I have the boost controller and wasted gate stock turbo if any body could give me some help

Yep...90% you have a split vac hose....they can be VERY hard to find at times and can be hairline fractures that run with the hose...Replacing all the old vac line not only looks nice but is super cheap and usually a good thing to do at some point any who.

If its not a crappy hose you could also have a bad wastegate....sometimes the diaphragm gets rotten. Especially with turbo buicks since most of the year they rot away in the garage.

Yep...90% you have a split vac hose....they can be VERY hard to find at times and can be hairline fractures that run with the hose...Replacing all the old vac line not only looks nice but is super cheap and usually a good thing to do at some point any who.

If its not a crappy hose you could also have a bad wastegate....sometimes the diaphragm gets rotten. Especially with turbo buicks since most of the year they rot away in the garage.

This is sage advice. I recently ran into issues with my car and after I found one, two, three leaks, I replaced all of the hoses. In addition to the block since it had an issue as well... plus many other things in my pursuit of boost.

I never realized how fragile the balance of vacuum and boost was to these cars until I started to chase the demons.

Don't forget to tie-wrap them on, it insures they stay put. Also check for hair-line cracks in the headers, usually between #3&#5 cylinders. Sometimes on the passenger side, but rare.

Don't forget to tie-wrap them on, it insures they stay put. Also check for hair-line cracks in the headers, usually between #3&#5 cylinders. Sometimes on the passenger side, but rare.

X2 on the header cracks....forgot to mention that.

If the header is cracked he would hear the ticking. But if there is a ticking and they have not been repaired, it's only a matter of time before they WILL need to be fixed. When you do get them fixed take them to someone who knows about these headers, it's not worth it to try to save a few dollars to only have to have them repaired a second time in one year...

Also check the intercooler connection hoses and clamps. Basically get in the engine compartment and start a good thorough check one thing at a time. This stuff can be frustrating but, sooner or later, if it's a leak you will get it.