boost problem!!

turbobooster

ok guys out of no where i cant reach boost over 10lbs once my boost gauge hits 10 lbs it doesnt climb anywhere and if i keep my foot on the gas it wants to boost more climb some more but the needle hesitates it wasnt doing this i checked up pipe, DP, and replaced the oil drain pipe gasket from the turbo where it was once leakin and im still having this problem checked all vacuum lines and they seem sealed up and tight this has been makin me grow out gray hairs i cant figure it out ? please anysuggestions ? how do i check to see if it could be mystock WG actuator? the car hits the 10 hard and solid but now it wont go more like it did before any please thanx oh one more thing i was thinkin about my sparkplus could that be an issue not lettin my boost climb?

Using the stock boost gauge? The stock "Y" connector is good?(One barb has a restrictor in it) Absolutly no vacuum leaks or exhaust leaks? Cracks in headers/manifolds? Do you have an adjustable wastegate arm? Could be something with the stock solenoid too, not bleeding off enough pressure before the wastegate actuator opens up. Stock catalitic convertor on the car yet, could be plugged? Just shooting in the dark here - Nick:D

i have aftermarket boost gauge wat "Y" connector r u refering to? i know it aint my cat becuz its brand new now how can i check to make sure i have no vacumm leaks? is there a process for that something else i can try? ive checked them all myself and seems like no leaks and no i dont have adjustable wastegate its the stock original one thans for the feedbackjust tryin to get the car straight

What mods do you have?
Have you done anything at all to the car lately?
How many lbs. of boost were you running before?
Does the car hesitate once you hit 10# of boost? Or just climbs to 10# of boost and stays right there, makes no more boost??
The "Y" connector is the fitting that splits the vac/boost line between the wastegate and the solenoid. Would becoming off your compressor housing on the turbo. The restrictive/blocked orfice of the "Y" connector/fitting should be going towards the turbo compressor.....the open ends go towards the actuator and solenoid.
When is the last time you changed the plug wires, spark plugs, and fuel filter? - Nick

Originally posted by turbobooster
i know it aint my cat becuz its brand new

I would still check your cat. I had a new one, the catalyst melted, and choked the exhaust. The car was making less and less bosst until it would only make 5#. It is nothing the handle of a hammer cannot fix.

Or you could just loosen up your bolts holding the cat to the downpipe and crack the exhaust open right there and see it that helps.

to check for vacuum leaks, you can spray propane/carb cleaner all around the top of the engine and listen for the engine to rev up, but check for exhaust leaks first because that sounds more like the culprit.

my car is completely stock i havent done anything to it recently all i have is my 3 inch mease DP KN airfilter and thats all and thats been on there when i was boostin a solid 13-15 lbs boost and now out of no where it hits the 10 lbs of boost nice and hard after the 10 lbs it hesitates like it wants to climb but it hesitates, there was this one day where i just kept tryin to make it climb (i know that wasnt a smart thing to do riskin my motor)and i got it climb but it was still hesitatin either way for it to climb the wires r a bout 2 months old and the plugs ae about 3months old and the rapidfires in there now and before this problem came up

I would try and see if you fuel pressure is coming up with boost. Would have to run a fuel gauge through the back of the hood and in front of the windsheild so you could see it. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge, knock gauge, or scan tool? Might pull the plugs and see how they look, fouled? Could have a bad wire, arching?(not sure how to check that, ohm meter) Coil pack/Module bad? This is probably fuel related or ignition related from what I have read. (I have been searching the board cause I am having simular problems with mine, hesitation at part throttle and no boost above 10# at WOT then dying off and falling on it face :mad: ) You could do a search on stumble, backfire, or hesitation in the title you might come across some more ideas.
Also try taking the air filter off once and go for a test run. Someone gave me that advice before, the car seemed to stay a 10# longer but wouldn't build anymore boost and would eventually fall on it face. Worth a shot! Not blowing any smoke? White, blue, black, or candy apple purple:D

I have the same problem with my 87 gn I have 60 lb injector . manual boost wasted . new sparks wires , gas regulador at 42 , boost control , comp chip, and will pass 10lbs