Boost Issue's for Bracket Racin!!

launch/wot boost levels

Have an old school schematic that allows launch boost then skinner valve opens and allows pre-set wot boost. The gentleman that bracket raced our car used a Honeywell skinner valve that allowed you to use external gate to adjust/preset launch boost he gated at 8psi /2800 rpm to launch and regulator to adjust wot boost the skinner would open up and allow wot boost. He used a delay box and released trannybrake at 3rd amber light. If you would like a copy I'll send you one.

Tony, if you go with the ams500 and CO2 definitely get a spare CO2 bottle - one day you WILL forget to turn off the valve on the bottle and you won't find it until the next time you are at the track and make your first pass :).

Chavo, yes i would like a copy please. Thanks. James I will get another bottle. I will probably buy a fill station.

From my experience I have to suggest a dual ball bearing version of your turbo. Not sure if it's the right solution but it will spool way faster than your journal bearing turbo.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmFD3eJaZOk[/YOUTUBE]

This video pretty much shows what everyone is trying to explain

Too much boost yesterday

I was building 8-12 lbs. off the transbrake. The track ran out of VHT so traction was impossible. I finally took some timing out down low and managed to make a 6.23@111. 1.45ft time. Broke out and red light though so it was over. Donnie I think I have the boost there. If I could just get it there and stop it will make the car more consistant. One pass I had the car sideways off the launch. I wish I had that on video. I am going to try Robert Wilsons style wastegate and a AMS500 with C02 for the beginning of the season 2009. If that does not work I am not sure what I will do? Thanks all for your thoughts and help. Is it April yet:biggrin:

The controller will also help with nights like that, since you can cut the launch boost and/or slow down the ramp rate to bring the boost up more gently after you launch.

I was building 8-12 lbs. off the transbrake. The track ran out of VHT so traction was impossible. I finally took some timing out down low and managed to make a 6.23@111. 1.45ft time. Broke out and red light though so it was over. Donnie I think I have the boost there. If I could just get it there and stop it will make the car more consistant. One pass I had the car sideways off the launch. I wish I had that on video. I am going to try Robert Wilsons style wastegate and a AMS500 with C02 for the beginning of the season 2009. If that does not work I am not sure what I will do? Thanks all for your thoughts and help. Is it April yet:biggrin:

Tony,
Sent you a PM and an email.

thanks,
Robert

Merry Christmas Early

My wastegate actuator arrived today from Wilson Racing.:biggrin: Very Very nice piece. ;) Directions are in detail making it easy for everyone.Thank You! Chavo Randy Chavez I got your info also:D Thank You I hope everything is okay? Have a Good Thanksgiving All? I have a TR Customs external 3.5 downpipe Thanks Mark and a Wilson Racing internal wastegate now. I am going to try both next year and see what is better?? Rick we are going to be busy;) Are you ready in a month or so?? I will be;) I am Going to have Dan put good rods and pistons in my motor before I have chunks to pick up:eek: It will be freshened for 2009 with new parts. I cant wait. Thanks all for your help and very friendly help... Getting harder and harder to find:confused: Happy Holidays All:cool:

TT Bone Racing
Tony&Amy Shoaff

controller

hey tony this is what i'm going to be using next year to run the heads up classes. this is a 2 stage setup, it one on the bottom of page
Price List

mine has not come in yet but will be here by friday so i'll might get to try it out this sat.

My wastegate actuator arrived today from Wilson Racing.:biggrin: Very Very nice piece. ;) Directions are in detail making it easy for everyone.Thank You!

TT Bone Racing
Tony&Amy Shoaff

Tony,
Glad you like it. Let me know if you have any issues or questions.

thanks,
Robert

I am going to try Robert Wilsons style wastegate and a AMS500 with C02 for the beginning of the season 2009. If that does not work I am not sure what I will do? Thanks all for your thoughts and help. Is it April yet:biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Getting ready to start working on the Atomic GN again. Robert is there anything new I need to know? I am going to install your wastegate and I still need a boost controller and co2 kit. Anything else? Thanks.

I am going to try Robert Wilsons style wastegate and a AMS500 with C02 for the beginning of the season 2009. If that does not work I am not sure what I will do? Thanks all for your thoughts and help. Is it April yet:biggrin:

Getting ready to start working on the Atomic GN again. Robert is there anything new I need to know? I am going to install your wastegate and I still need a boost controller and co2 kit. Anything else? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Nothing new. You'll just need fittings to plump the gate and controller. You will also need to figure out where your going to trigger the controller from. Most use the trans brake switch including myself.