Boost and fuel question with xfi

434nova

I have a couple of questions for you xfi guys. Let’s say I’m tuned for 30 #s of boost and I end up spiking to 32 pounds will the xfi correct the fuel for the added boost or not?

Second scenario let’s say im tuned to run to 6000 rpm and somehow I end up turning to say 7000 rpm will the xfi adjust fuel and timing for this instance or not?

Thanks

If you're exceeding the MAP sensor limit, the computer won't "see" the extra boost. It will just run in the top rows of your Fuel, Timing, and Target A/F maps. This isn't terrible but, depending on how efficient your turbo is up there, you could get an increase in O2 correction. If you normally run a little above the Map Sensor limit, I would adjust the top rows in those tables to be correct for the higher boost. If you're running a lot higher, I would swap to a higher boost Map Sensor.

As for the rpm, the computer does see that and will run whatever Timing, Fuel, and Target A/F is in the highest rpm on the appropriate table.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

A bit off topic, but instead of increasing the boost and rpm can you increase the exhaust housing size instead?

What are his other options to make his combo more efficient?

What are his other options to make his combo more efficient?
More efficient or faster? If it's gaining with more boost, then run more boost. I've never been one to be concerned where I'm at on a compressor map

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk