Book time

Hot Air Beast

Hot Air Lover
1984 GN posting here to reach as many owners as possible.

my car has been in a local shop here in Canada for a month. I am beginning to think something has gone drastically wrong. I may be facing a tough time to get the job done or to have two the car to someone who knows what he is doing. Project was to install Standard Part number 165L - ignition lock cylinder housing repair kit - readily available from NAPA. Any idea what book time is to install this kit so I have somewhere to start when I confront this shop?

Lock cylinder itself pays 0.9 HRS from All Data. I'm sure housing may add more time...figure maybe another hour if things were tedious or brittle.

Steering column lock pays 1.7 HRS with tilt wheel and 1.0 HR without tilt column.

Even with my old and broken down body, I can still change an ignition lock in 20 minutes on a tilt or not column!

Hope you took notice of your odometer before you dropped it off. Good luck

The garage now tells me that pieces are falling out of the column so it is not just a kit that is required - am now searching for a rebuilt column - WTF!!

I hope this is not the same shop that lost your engine/accessory brackets a few years ago. Time to take the car back into your possession.

Go there with a tow truck. Get it out.

If it were here in NY, I would call an old friend of mine. His name is Trouble. And I would ask him to come along for the visit.