Bolt size for a MPE racing strech intercooler

fc227

1986 Grand National
HI Everyone,

Does anyone happen to know what size bolt is used on the drivers side mounting bolt for a Stretch inter-cooler, MPE racing . I believe I got this though Jack Cotton.

The drivers side bolt is missing and if some one knows what size bolt that is would save me some trail and error trying to match bolts while trying to keep the bracket aligned at the same time.

Thank you

Is there such a thing a 9MM bolt , It not a 8mm and 10 IS too big.

I've never put hands on a Meese unit but every SLIC I've messed with used 8mm.

Any chance you don't have the bolt because the hole is stripped? I'd borrow one from the other side and see if it threads up.

I've never put hands on a Meese unit but every SLIC I've messed with used 8mm.

Any chance you don't have the bolt because the hole is stripped? I'd borrow one from the other side and see if it threads up.

My Meese stretched SLIC uses the stock bolt on the drivers side and 3/8- 16 on the passenger side. I bought it used, so I can't verify they were made this way. It is in great shape so I think it did.

Yes, it was stripped. 8MM I got a longer bolt and good to go for now. Thank guys

In that case, I would recommend putting a stud in there. That way you can bottom out in the hole (giggidy) and use every thread you have left.