Boilin'hydes,and the big screen.Who's#1

BIG HEAD CHRIS

Who laid the best patch,and in which movie & scene? For me,its a three way draw between the scene in"Bullitt"where Steve McQueen bounces the stang' off a parked car,backs up and proceeds to one leg it for about 10 car legnths.The sound was waaay cool!The other is from "Smokey and the Bandit"when the T/A 180s before going into the river bed to get,er-git away from Mississippi's finest.He loops the car and you can see the whole car shutter from when the stunt man mats it and dumps the clutch.The car sits still for a split second while erupting into tire smoke, then starts to move churning rubber all the way to the road side.The third,(chosen strictly on technical merit),is the cop car thats chasing the bandit.The 'man' tries the same move and hits the street sign,backs up(smokin' em' off)then forward into the ditch behind the Bandit.The amount of smoke,and the sound of cheap bias ply tires liquifying make it worth mentioning.What do you think?Also,I think I need to get out more.

I really like the scene in The Substitute 2 with the GN doing the 180 and shifting into 2nd twice. That driver had skills to perform that manuver in that amount of space. I also like the scene in Smokey and the Bandit where he takes off in the TA and lays 50 ft of second gear on the road.

Well, to me, the best car moment, not necessarily the best burnout, was when the nerdy, gloved, horn rimmed, trench coated wheel man driving 20 feet of black Charger R/T in Bullitt casually buckles up, cinches up, turns the corner, and stands on that 440 Magnum, 375 HP and 480 LB-FT happen, and all wheel cover tossin' hell breaks loose!!!!!!!!

:D

How about "Christine" in the scene when the car is chasing the fat punk and eventually corners him in a loading dock. Crunching metal and smoking tires for like 30 seconds straight. :D