1987 Turbo Regal with 175km - good buy?

Crazyx4

I have 3.8 with a stroker crank,GN1aluminum heads, roller camshaft, 96lb injectors with fast system, 71GTQ turbo. Will be running around 20 pound of boost. What is the minimal octane rating that I should be running. I usually run 116. The local track only has 112. I know it depends on the tune just trying to get an answer if that’s enough octane

Try the 112, and read the plugs.
Data log it.
If you are concerned, back the timing down a couple degrees, and sneak back up.

I have 3.8 with a stroker crank,GN1aluminum heads, roller camshaft, 96lb injectors with fast system, 71GTQ turbo. Will be running around 20 pound of boost. What is the minimal octane rating that I should be running. I usually run 116. The local track only has 112. I know it depends on the tune just trying to get an answer if that’s enough octane
If your running on the track richen the car up 6%,and drop some timing.112 is a good fuel but its not c16.

guessing you could run 28-30# boost with 112 octane everything in check and low timing up top. I did with TTA for almost 10 years... Never had any detonation! Aim for 11.8 a/f at 20# boost. Check plugs