BMR rear anti roll bar makes noise.

FASTV6HENRY

Like the post said. I just installed a BMR rear anti roll bar. The installation is straightforward with no issues. However, i am hearing some noise as i back down my drive way. i checked under the car and don't see any obvious issues. The BMR bar is very similar to the HR bar. My question is do these anti roll/drag bars tend to be noisy or is there something i need to be looking for?

Attachments

• bmr 1.jpg
    bmr 1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 67
  • bmr 2.jpg
    bmr 2.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 79
  • bmr 3.jpg
    bmr 3.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 74
Henry my HR doesn't make any noise. I did choose to put the hardware that attaches it to the axle tubes almost against the outboard bends of the bar. This keeps it centered.

I believe the directions call this setting more for racing because it's a little stiffer than the inboard setting.

Also ends of the heim joints should be parallel. If the ends are not parallel to each other it may be binding

Ok. I am going to have to move the hardware that holds the bushing outward closer to the bend of the bar. But it will have to be welded because the spring cup will not allow the top half of the cap to be attached in that location. I will also take another look at the heim joints.
Thanks Mike

Just curious do their instructions say to do it that way too? I Don't have the HR instructions in front of me

If I recall correctly they don't want you to force it into the bend. Just enough to keep the bar centered

I think the instructions recommended putting the caps outboard to the bend but the spring base on the axle tube does not let the top half of the cap go any further. My only option is to weld the bottom half of the cap were it needs to be. i did notice the actual bar did move slightly towards the passenger side. And now i understand why like you said the bushings if placed towards the outside bends will prevent it from shifting. That could be binding the heim joints and making the noise.

I just looked at mine for the first time since it was installed 5k ago it appears to be walking back and forth about a 1/2 inch. Not sure what would be considered normal. Maybe I didn't get it pushed out far enough.

Looks like the BMR may be wider. My brackets are not hitting the spring perch before entering the bend.

Attachments

• IMG_20190401_124217599_LL.jpg
    IMG_20190401_124217599_LL.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 48
Henry I think before you weld anything we should wait and see what others have done that run a BMR.

I just looked at mine for the first time since it was installed 5k ago it appears to be walking back and forth about a 1/2 inch. Not sure what would be considered normal. Maybe I didn't get it pushed out far enough.

I think the newer H&R Bars come with collars to prevent the walking.... i bought my bar early on and mine didn't come with any... but a few years ago bought the "Retrofit Collars"....

Mine did not come with those. I added some to mine as the bar walked to one side. The bar stays centered now.

Now..where can i get a set of those anti walk clamps? Fantastic idea!!!

I would call BMR first and see if they can send you something first on their dime.... if thats a no-go....you can see if fastenal or grainger has something. maybe call up Paul at H&R...

I am not sure what size bar yours is in comparison to the H&R but the H&R collar might fit.

hth
aaron