Blowthrough build repeat.

Thanks, all is going well but slow the last two weeks but I'm back on it. I need to flip the rod on #2 again lol I put it on backwards when I had it apart last week. I meant to have this built and running by end of June, let's push that back 1 week.
I hate when stuff like that happens, I did the same on a dirt track engine I was building a few months ago, only caught it last minute, thankfully they were floating pins.

Heads/gaskets went on yesterday and that went well, The longest process for head gasket install but worth it. My Cometic aramid oil pan gasket didn't last past one engine build this time. The first one I was able to reuse four times now I have the dumb blue felpro rubber gasket on. After a torque check of the heads studs tonight I'll finish this top end up so I can stay on my schedule with getting this running this week.
I don't think it matters but I am going to use a steel intake gasket this time, part number says it's for an aluminum intake manifold. I have been using the felpro steel/fiber since the beginning and reused several of them.

It's Sunday now but I did finish this and get running by the end of week as per my goal. Engine is great, I sure hope my fresh trans is OK, something sticking. Test drive it next.

Engine is great now, I had to lean out a spot in the fuel table that was very rich from last years fuel line/routing upgrade. Wouldn't think a change in plumbing would cause the tune to need touched up, still learning everyday.
Unfortunately I have to pull the brand new fresh trans out and take back to Extreme automatics, no 2nd gear lost it on my first hit this year with the broken pistons on the street but it was hard to verify with the engine hurt.

This is the longest time span that this machine has sat unbroken and undriven. I got a Dragy and some $$ to go tracks and the streets are always open. Every other day the roads are wet or storms non stop. I'll need to swap this in an AWD or 4wd chassis to use it soon.
There's a small 1/8mi track named Freebird in OH I'm going to start going to

May not be nessasary yet I will probably have to upgrade the EFI system on this again at some point before I build the 4.1 for this machine. The wide band O2 controller is burnt up in the ECU I confirmed today with swapping in a different O2 sensor, stuck at 14.7 AFR.
I will continue with what I have for now just no more closed loop and O2 based fuel correction, luckily I have the tune very good from two years ago and no more adaptive learning is needed. I'm back on a single Alky nozzle this year and only needed to pull fuel out in some areas for cruise and now I see some more needed out in higher RPM with Alky spraying the AFR is 10.0 flat out in boost, just too much gasoline yet.
I believe that partly the regulator relocation and fuel line size change along with the EFI system wide band O2 being stuck at 14.7 caused the new rich areas of the fuel map this year. I did notice when the engine got hurt last year the EFI wide band was already acting up but wasn't stuck like it is now.
So most likely the replacement will be Holley super sniper 650 power adder system, it's a copy of what I already use down to the 2.5 bar MAP and has better software.
In the meantime this one will be testing my tuning skills fully with no O2 corrections.

I have an AEM wideband in the DP that still monitors the AFR but it does not get data logged.

I'll keep story short: I have a Dragy gps for data to share now testing all seems good, several street hits and I'm happy.
Last Saturday Sept 10 Drove this machine with the exhuast dump capped to an event 1 hour away for 1/8mi racing. I thought everything was good so made 5 passes 2 were ok, knew something wasn't quite right, lazy engine boost kinda low but its the first event for this in 2022 so it got beat on anyways. Drove machine back home through rainstorm with the dump open and arrived safe but it sure was loud and I thought the engine was knocking.
Nope few days later I find the passenger header blown out and the alky pump is bad.
I think this failed to do vibration so I added a rod for support. This was my first stainless tig weld and it held up good but the OE pipe let go. It's filled with 308L mig wire now on a semi back purged weld.

I'll keep story short: I have a Dragy gps for data to share now testing all seems good, several street hits and I'm happy.
Last Saturday Sept 10 Drove this machine with the exhuast dump capped to an event 1 hour away for 1/8mi racing. I thought everything was good so made 5 passes 2 were ok, knew something wasn't quite right, lazy engine boost kinda low but its the first event for this in 2022 so it got beat on anyways. Drove machine back home through rainstorm with the dump open and arrived safe but it sure was loud and I thought the engine was knocking.
Nope few days later I find the passenger header blown out and the alky pump is bad.
I think this failed to do vibration so I added a rod for support. This was my first stainless tig weld and it held up good but the OE pipe let go. It's filled with 308L mig wire now on a semi back purged weld.
I ended up finding a crack further up in the expansion joint that I repaired.
I got a big old bubblegum 2 pass bead on the problem area now and the support rod. I will add a support from turbo to head, I have no J bracket.
The only really good pass with the problems:

Took the Buick out for the Flashlight drags finale Oct 9th.
Had a fresh alky pump and header leak repaired on this last event, also upgraded the radiator to a proper size with two electric fans. I'm not hot lapping and should have made more hits but I wanted data so only 4 hits made.
After the first hit I knew something wasn't right, falling in its face once full boost was on. I forgot to check and verify the base ignition timing* dummy me it's easy,
I'm using a distributor and base timing has drifted off in the past. I finished the event off like that pretty consistently too @ 7.6
Checked the base ignition timing once I drove home and SOB it slipped to 16.5*
Suppose to be 22*
When boost was and ignition retard were at peak the total ignition timing was 9.5*
That will stop it from pulling.
This is the first pass and the quickest of the day:
1665757604023.png