blinker activation

jlat

hello people; Someone should cum up with a way to activate your blinkers in the manual mode so there's no delay. Before my wiring problem they where like that but since I've been told that was wrong and the factory way is with the delay as is now. I don't like it. It should not be hard for a electical man.
IBBY
how's my spelling

hello read my first post; Before I had to get some tail light work when you moved the blinker handle it would activate instantly (in the manual mode) now when I do there's a few second delay that I don't like. Go out to your car and tell me how yours behaves.
IBBY

What kind of work did you get done that might cause this? Mine isn't "instantaneous" but it's close. Something like 7-8 hundred miliseconds.

hello; I forget what was done but after I got some welding done to hold the body bushings they didn't work right. Looking into the trunk from the rear there was a problem in the left side where there's wires going down the inside of the quarterpanel. Before instant manual blink now the delay. Changing lanes on the hy-way or just have to move quickly left or right it would help.
IBBY

Doesn't sound like you need a new product. It sounds like you just need to fix the issue with your car. My blinkers are damn near instantaneous.

hello people; It's funny with old cars and how they behaive. It seems like they all have ther own mind. I'd like to see how many out there blinkers work as you say (instantanious) because a member said that the way I discribe is normal. I might see if there's a problem but there's alot more to think about with my 86T.
IBBY

Mine are near instantaneous on my GN as they should be. Whoever told you that a blinker delay is normal is either:
1. Mistaken.
2. They have the same problem you do.

The blinker 'blinks' due to the thermal flasher. See here for an explanation:

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/turn-signal2.htm

Due to your past wiring issues, you are probably not getting enough current initially to make the flasher start 'flashing'.

If this were my car I would:
- Replace the flasher under the dash. (Cheap and easy).
- Check your taillight and side marker light bulbs and sockets for wrong bulbs and corrosion. (Cheap and easy).
- Go through the wiring in the trunk and look for melted wires and bad connections. (more challenging).

My 2 cents. Good luck.

hello; I'll try what you say but on our cars is the flasher on the fuse box as in that the example? I'm at work and the car is home.
IBBY

hello people; It's funny with old cars and how they behaive. It seems like they all have ther own mind. I'd like to see how many out there blinkers work as you say (instantanious) because a member said that the way I discribe is normal. I might see if there's a problem but there's alot more to think about with my 86T.
IBBY
Clocked mine at .75 & .87 seconds...

hello people; I'll add this to my to do list on my Buick as a fast blink is definatley a good thing when your on the hy-way and have to change lanes in a hurry in traffic.
IBBY

TRs can change lanes faster than the light from the blinker. That's the sign of a really fast car, huh?

hello; I don't know what that's suppose to mean but I like to give others a bit of an warning before I move. Sometimes you can't but if my blinker worked as fast as the one in my 13CRV or even the one in my old van it would be a good thing.
IBBY

Mine radiate from the bulbs at a speed of approximately c

Looking from the front of the car it appears to be going c+v
Looking from behind the car it appears at c-v

However as Einstein proved nothing can exceed c so light from the front is only going c which may explain your delay.

hello people; With the activation speed I should of said quicker instead of faster.
My car's still sitting and will be out shortly.
IBBY

I don't know if this will help your problem, but I know what your talking about when you say you want faster "blinkers" when I picked up my car recently the first thing I noticed was how slow they flashed. Way slower than any car I've ever had and by the time the thing would flash twice I'd have been done with my lane change for a second or so. Anyway, I replaced the 323 flasher with a 556 and it's much better now.