Blazer Brake Upgrade, recommended

TurboBob

Resident mad scientist
Staff member
I posted this over on FBook, https://www.facebook.com/groups/160486600651072/user/1750388042

I have some driving time on this upgrade, the brakes are much improved, the springs firmed up the front suspension with no harshness, and the ABS sensors allowed me to enable the traction control in my ecu for my next project. Yes I know the rotor is on the wrong side, I haven't switched it yet, but it drives fine.

We also installed replacement upper control arms that came with new bushings and ball joint. We set the toe with a tape measure and it drives pretty well. It could probably use a full alignment...

installed.jpg

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
I'm interested in doing the same. Do you know how much weight difference there is between the old vs. the new? What springs did you use?

Thanks.

TurboBob

Resident mad scientist
Staff member
Linking to FBook is a pain, I may have pasted the wrong one. Its in the "Turbobuick.com members on facebook" group

Let me try the link again
مجموعات فيسبوك

Springs are Moog 5658, like 20% stiffer than stock, and 1" shorter. My old springs were a little saggy, so I think the height didn't really change.

The weight of the brake system is likely very close, both are OEM brake setups. If you want to save weight you need to run racing brakes.

Bob

TurboBob

Resident mad scientist
Staff member
I posted some traction control results. Fakebook is tough to link to, let see if this works.

Anyway, traction control is really cool. It will take some dialing in, but its a fantastic addition.

TC-Activation-dryroad.jpg

TurboBob

Resident mad scientist
Staff member
this link sorta works. (probably only for group members.)

Remove Ads From TurboBuick.Com

Yearly amount needed to remove ads from TurboBuick.Com
Goal
$12,000.00
Received
$2,246.00