bl at 160 blocked off vac block no change what now?

Novacaine

I noticed BL at 160 idling few nights ago. Figured with it that high it must be a vac leak, because if u turn the a/c on it takes it a min or so to change the valve over to the upper vents from the floor ones.
So i blocked off the vac block this evening and no change on BL, I dont have a fuel pressure gauge its on the way should arrive friday if UPS does its job lol. So i'll have to check the fuel pressure then but with the ac vents acting the way they do im pretty sure its not a fuel pressure problem.
Ive not checked the EGR or anything else as of yet and to be honest i really dont know how to check it. Ive also read somewhere it could be a blown intake gasket, throttle body leak,IAC leak, etc.
Any ideas where to start on this keep in mind im new to the buicks so any info would be greatly appreciated
THX

1) Put your MAF on the TB. Just use duct tape to seal it to TB.

2) If no change, crack the throttle while egine is running, if you hear a wistle, then you need TB shaft seals.

3) EGR is held on with one nut. Make sure it is tight. Mine was loose. Took it off for testing and blocked with gasket material.
This alone dropped my BLM's from 144 to 136.

4) It is cheap enough to change the gaskets from th plenum on out thru the TB.

5) Mine ended up having several leaks, 7 in all, plus in the end my MAF turned up bad. That caused most of my problem.

ok went outside move MAF onto the tb started it let warm up same deal bl 160. Moved throttle didn't hear any unusual noise from tb. But I did notice something intesesting if i got the tps over .54 bl leveled out to about 135 not sure if its supposed to do that or not tho. I blocked off the vac block earlier also no change so i guess im down to the EGR or IAC i guess. Or is ther somewhere else i should look the ac taking so long to change the vents is the kicker for me seems like it would be a pretty bad leak to have that occur.. ALso switched out the MAF for one on my other GN with no change in BL as well.

I had a turbo to header leak causing the o2s to be WAY wrong. Therefore BL = 160 always

Bad MAF, Bad O2, blown egr gasket, bad injector's', bad computer(ecm), bad TB gaskets, bad plenum gasket..

And possibly a few other things.

Low fuel pressure will also do this.

HTH

ps, when you move the throttle it hits another table.. so it has to be checked engine idling.. not blipping the throttle.

And reset the computer and wait for it to relearn..everytime you try something.. be patient..

Keep guns away from the car :D

Originally posted by Razor
Bad MAF, Bad O2, blown egr gasket, bad injector's', bad computer(ecm), bad TB gaskets, bad plenum gasket..

And possibly a few other things.

Low fuel pressure will also do this.

HTH

ps, when you move the throttle it hits another table.. so it has to be checked engine idling.. not blipping the throttle.

And reset the computer and wait for it to relearn..everytime you try something.. be patient..

Keep guns away from the car :D

He, He, ....yea, DEFINITELY keep the GUNS away from the car.
If I would have had access to some C4 while I was tracing my BLM's, there would have been a BIG BOOM !!!!
They can be a big PITA!!
Keep up your spirits though, the list is only so long and eventually you'll get it fixed.
Took me about 3 1/2 mos working on it casually.