billet timing tab

1984 t-type

Murphy's Law
After dressing up my last engine and buying $500 worth of pulleys and all new bolts my stock timing tab became an eye sore, i painted it silver and it looked much better but it would be nice if they were reproduced out of billet aluminum.

Pictures or we don't believe you.

No seriously, I would like to check out your engine. I would like to dress mine up too, maybe soon.

image.jpg
image.jpg
Here's the one I'm working on now, you can see I just painted the timing tab silver. Will Prob get another RJC pulley set around tax time.

have a nice one for the motor in my 87ttop,
the indicator looks like it's from the the march billet timing indicator
heres the march

41jKnSKnSiL._SX425_.jpg

Last edited:
thats not for us but you can get the idea , that could be reworked but i dont know what he started with and what he dd to make it work

image.jpg image.jpg
This one is metal that I got off of eBay. It's made for a Pontiac I think. It physically fits perfect. The numbers were way off compared to the Buick stock tab so I grinded them off and lined up zero and center punched it. Then I sanded and shot it with clear.

ATR use to sell a timing doctor sticker to put on the balancer. Someone was reproducing these and selling on eBay. It originally went all around the balancer but I cut mine where the critical spots are.

View attachment 246306 View attachment 246304
This one is metal that I got off of eBay. It's made for a Pontiac I think. It physically fits perfect. The numbers were way off compared to the Buick stock tab so I grinded them off and lined up zero and center punched it. Then I sanded and shot it with clear.

ATR use to sell a timing doctor sticker to put on the balancer. Someone was reproducing these and selling on eBay. It originally went all around the balancer but I cut mine where the critical spots are.
The one you have looks like it came from this site: http://fjperformanceinc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=433_438_486&products_id=1013