Billet camshaft - Gear oiling

I dont have a billet cam but do have screw in plugs in oil galleys to left and right of cam bore and the left plug is drilled for lube to chain/sprocket/cam/gear.

View attachment 247237
Has this done the trick for you? Asking because I'm setting one up with a billet cam. Want to know if this has been sufficient for oiling the gear and preventing wear, or if you had to go the route with targeting the gear directly. THANKS

I run a gear drive and have my by pass in the fuel block off plate . It shoots all my bypassed oil right on the gear drive . I just recently opened the timing cover to check on it and check all the bolts . And it all looks good . Also I used the stock oil slinger which helps
67815680-956A-4DCD-83D3-65C48763E872.jpeg

I run a gear drive and have my by pass in the fuel block off plate . It shoots all my bypassed oil right on the gear drive . I just recently opened the timing cover to check on it and check all the bolts . And it all looks good . Also I used the stock oil slinger which helps View attachment 319917
One nice set up you have there!

I haven't checked mine, i hope it's good But if it goes bad again i will get rid of the cam and the billet gear and never look back.

Are they noisy gears?
They aren’t whisper quite but it’s a highly modify 281CID V6 so i don’t mind . I drive it on the street with no issues . I figured if it can survive in a 24hr Daytona race that it will be the best way to go as if it wasn’t they would have ran a chain drive . Just have to check the hardware every once and a while to make sure they are nice and tight .

Chinese covers can = a mislocated sensor. Watch for this, when setting up.
My original GM cover had the Dutt pump, and as mentioned, the bypass oil was sprayed thru the fp block off plate.
Also, small hole in the cam thrust face, into the passage behind the brg, w/ a chamfer on it, will add lube, that will be slung out to the gear.

Has this done the trick for you? Asking because I'm setting one up with a billet cam. Want to know if this has been sufficient for oiling the gear and preventing wear, or if you had to go the route with targeting the gear directly. THANKS
So far I havent had a issue with the galley plug mod

So far I havent had a issue with the galley plug mod
That’s cool. A small orifice can really put a lot of oil out onto the sprockets.

This is my gallery plug

Attachments

• 28491DA6-718C-4661-B783-DE831A7F43D3.jpeg
    28491DA6-718C-4661-B783-DE831A7F43D3.jpeg
    876.3 KB · Views: 88
great things at a great price sell fast. You'll make it up on volume.
how do you come to that conclusion? There isn’t as many turbo Buick builders as you may think. I couldn’t picture him selling more then. 25 maybe 30 unless someone is just stocking up on them .
I should make a bunch looks like there is enough interest.
How much are you thinking of selling them for ? How much does it cost you to make including your time if you are the one producing them ?

as long as its not more then $15 ill buy one. PS im still waiting on the cam sensor kits
The dam thread was lost and that F'd things up some as the tech RC put up was lost and hes a very busy man. Richard is currently swamped with prep for the nats next week so its pushed back some. There will be a sample of the tab there as I cant make it, putting up quite a chunk of change in parts to sell these kits plus some other products in the works!

how do you come to that conclusion? There isn’t as many turbo Buick builders as you may think. I couldn’t picture him selling more then. 25 maybe 30 unless someone is just stocking up on them .

How much are you thinking of selling them for ? How much does it cost you to make including your time if you are the one producing them ?
Ill check into it as it will be something that is done when rebuild due to the tapping, etc required for install of the galley plug. For sure the stuff wont be something to make money on and like the cam sensor balance tabs and rebuild kits, its a love of the cars and something to help out the community.