Big wheelie in left lane at BG

bison

Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Left lane was brutal for about 3 hours on Saturday.
36b9c5827fe56ade9303b6bdfc0a26bd.jpg

BPE2013@hotmail.com

I was watching this and the guy in the GN has nerves of steel. From my vantage point it would have been right next to him when it came down. He didn't even flinch!

This is John Massoud's car also in the left lane.

I agree if you had the power, the left lane could hold it.

John started over into the other lane but controlled it away from the other racer.

Was fun helping and watching you John.

Jerry

Attachments

• 1413850760595.jpg
    1413850760595.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 273
I was hoping somebody caught that on camera! Hope the car is okay. I think there was a red GS that had a similar pass

I saw the red GS but wasn't filming at the time. He almost hit the wall. I do have one of the yellow convertible on his bumper

I heard about the red GS's first close call, then saw he had another wheelie. That yellow convertible was pretty awesome, I loved the skeleton in the passenger seat!

That Buick came down hard , there had to be a lot of damage to that front end . Hopefully didn't crack block or tranny .

John Massoud broke the fan that I know of. Then in eliminations when he staged the car and went to hit the gas on the trans brake the car just died. He figures something else electrical messed up during the wheelie.

Jon Tubbs had pics of the aftermath, front fender damaged and a cracked windshield. That was just the visual damage....

Thats Mark from Chicago. He was with us in BG.
Broken parts:
Grille
drivers fender
Smashed headers
Smashed oil pan
Two bent motor plates
Bent front left frame rail
Bent front left wheel
Cracked windshield
Broke left rear shock
Bent front control arms

But the driver is OK. He said he will never say what someone else "should do" when a car is out of control. Mark stated it was an un real experience that he doesn't plan to do again.