Big probs. Bad stutter and hard start

Boston GN

Well probably not big, but still something.
Here's the story:

A week ago my car started having a "hard start" condition. Something that mimicked the battery not being too strong or not having enough charge to turn over the car. The battery is fine though and I thought to myself that maybe the starter is on it's way out.

Fast forward to last night: Car starts (after a few tries) and I go out for the evening. Little ways into my journey and I'm getting a stutter/miss/stumble when I step on the gas, seems pretty bad too. When I get on the highway and maintain a cruise it seems a little better but when applying light pedal I get that bad stutter again. Thought it may be the MAF going out. I unplug this and drive to my location (20 miles). No change in driveablilty, so Iguess it's not that. I plug it back in and reset the computer to clear the codes.
I eat dinner then go back out to go home. Car starts and has the stumble but seems worse now. Progressively seems to get worse on the drive home. Any throttle I give it and it breaks up pretty bad. Was running real rich, high 890s-900s on the scanmaster. BLMs bottomed out. MAF numbers were all over the place when the stumble was occuring, but like I said, I had unplugged it and drove with no change in condition.
Now I'm thinking it's a spark issue and the bad stutter and hard start are now related.

Doing some searches I come up with: MAF, crank sensor, cam sensor, or coil pack/module.

Now I took the MAF out of the equation and it did the same thing so that's not it. Coil pack was replaced recently, but that doesn't mean it's not bad now. I can check that when I get home.
How do I check the module, crank sensor and cam sensor? I assume I take the cap off the cam sensor and see if it's all there and tight?
Crank sensor? Replace with known good unit? Same with the module?

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Am I on the right track

TIA

Still sounds like MAF. Replace with a known good one. You mentioned you disconnected the power on the computer to clear the codes. What codes were set?

Still sounds like MAF. Replace with a known good one. You mentioned you disconnected the power on the computer to clear the codes. What codes were set?

I had unplugged the MAF to see if there was a change in driveability, so that tripped the MAF code.
No change in driveability when the MAF was unplugged

I think ...

your on the right track, some replacement modules are known to give problems, because they are generic(?). a "one size fits all" I guess. There has been more than a few threads on that subject. Might separate the coil/module and see if there is any burn spots or melting of the potting compound.