Big mistake I made.... Bought on Ebay

I was about to buy that thing too, don't feel bad if it runs and drives and looks half way decent its worth what you paid.

I don't have the ability to fix it without paying 5 trillion dollars for body work. Needs a frame off restore. Mechanicals i can do.

then now it's time to learn... if the car is already trashed, then you won't be wrecking anything important if you screw it up.

or just make it mechanically sound and safe, then make it fast, and enjoy your fast-but-ugly car...

this don't look bad at all compared to what you will find in Chicago here I fixed a way wore 72 skylark convert floors/quarters doors trunk frame inner fenders and fenders

Well i was distraught until i saw another members thread where is kind of looked in the condition of mine. he stripped it down to the frame and slowly painting. Giving me some hope.

Car isnt too bad, id keep it and fix it. Like it was stated above, now is the time to learn.

Keep your head up. I just started a similar journey.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/84-wh1-has-set-outside-for-17-years.396482/

Make plan and tackle one thing at a time. Do everything you can yourself and don't be afraid to learn new stuff. The guys on here are your best resource for advice and encouragement. I am also finding that the supporting vendors are not just vendors.....they live and breath these cars as well.

A member on here told me ".....whatever you do, don't give up!"

Keep your head up. I just started a similar journey.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/84-wh1-has-set-outside-for-17-years.396482/

Make plan and tackle one thing at a time. Do everything you can yourself and don't be afraid to learn new stuff. The guys on here are your best resource for advice and encouragement. I am also finding that the supporting vendors are not just vendors.....they live and breath these cars as well.

A member on here told me ".....whatever you do, don't give up!"

Mike,

Thanks much for the encouragement. I read your thread over the weekend and honestly, the fact you were willing to tackle this put me at ease a little. There was a second member that had a car similar to mine and going through a restore. It is coming out so nice.

Last night i replaced most of the vacuum and gas lines, propped a grommet into the intake that i cant find, and ruined the turbo. So very eventful evening :)I will post some pictures up soon of my progress.

Delivery Day

Quick video on the condition

Considering what was paid for the car you could part it out and make money on it.

If you are the hands on type it is going to take quite a bit of time and financial investment. (Read that as a project that you will always be throwing money at) If you are the type that likes to drive the car I would suggest buying a car that is ready to go.

buying a vehicle off of ebay . ask for lots of pics of troubled areas , give the lowest deposit that will hold the vehicle , do not pay if your not happy with the product . Bad ebay feedback is nothing compared to trying to put lipstick on a pig and sell it .

trying to put lipstick on a pig and sell it .

Thats happening a lot here lately. Especially with HA's . No way in hell would I buy a car site unscene. I'd sell this car and move on. Like I said..."biggest money pit" you will have to deal with. Then hopefully you never have to sell it :rolleyes: