Looking for modified ECM for 120Lb injectors on E85 for 87 GN

Nice, care to give some details on the combo?

Who did the block for you?

They say the first one is always free..........

This addict needs more..........o_O

Nice, care to give some details on the combo?

Who did the block for you?
It’s put together with a GN1 3.625” crank, Molnar rods and diamond pistons. 10.5:1 CR, 225/225 duration on a 114LSA. Champion heads, 6766 turbo, ECUGN, smp 160lb injectors.
Machined and balanced by Precision Engine & Machine in Sleepy Hollow IL and assembled at home.

Sounds like Rick at Precision is the local guy.

10:5:1 comp is the highest I've heard about on a GN engine, this was import stuff in the past. E85 car?

250ci, what's the safe rpm to spin it?

Damn that car spools the 67 like nothing.

Sounds like Rick at Precision is the local guy.

10:5:1 comp is the highest I've heard about on a GN engine, this was import stuff in the past. E85 car?

250ci, what's the safe rpm to spin it?

Damn that car spools the 67 like nothing.
Yep, Rick is our guy. E85 all the way! I take it to 6500+ often and sometimes to 6700. It's very well mannered with a smooth idle, strong vacuum, and really perfect drive-ability.

I have another one in the works, compression will be close to 12:1 on that one with .050 duration in the mid 230's. Probably going to go with a Work G4S for that.

Is this an 8 or 14 bolt head?

12:1 is a Honda forced induction compression, you guys must be noticing something substantial on this platform to go there. Care to comment?

BTW, who's left in IL to hand the GN too anymore? Rick in Mokena is busy.

Is this an 8 or 14 bolt head?

12:1 is a Honda forced induction compression, you guys must be noticing something substantial on this platform to go there. Care to comment?

14 bolt heads.
I look at dynamic compression ratio and of course draw on my past experience when setting it up. The 10.5:1 compression turned out to be relatively easy to tune. I also have a cylinder pressure transducer on hand with some analysis tools.
100_4045.JPG
100_4049.JPG

There's not many... I work (a little) on some local cars but my time is limited. Prasad at Turbo Farm does some too. Mostly I focus on controls and tuning and guiding the owner with what’s needed next. Primarily ECUGN stuff. Sound Performance is a good shop to use.

I like the fact that there is no exotic billets crank and rods in the motor. Lots of builders won’t touch a ta block unless you spend 5k on crower crank and rods. It’s not like your building a world record breaking Buick you just want a reliable piece.

I like the fact that there is no exotic billets crank and rods in the motor. Lots of builders won’t touch a ta block unless you spend 5k on crower crank and rods. It’s not like your building a world record breaking Buick you just want a reliable piece.
Exactly! Just a hobby. Tinker and enjoy.

Just over $1500 for balancing, line hone, bore & hone w/ torque plate, surface decks, file-fit rings, de-burr and full documentation with all clearances.
Care to share the machine shops name? Thanks