big brown truck stoped these off today

going on 2yrs but it started off just head an cam and snowballed ... I told him take his time

WOW, That's crazy, I hope to have my motor back before I get orders, He is always up to his neck in work!!!!!!!!!! But Keith is a man of his word so I know it will get done. I saw your car there when I dropped off my motor last year.

WOW, That's crazy, I hope to have my motor back before I get orders, He is always up to his neck in work!!!!!!!!!! But Keith is a man of his word so I know it will get done. I saw your car there when I dropped off my motor last year.
yes he is a stand up guy an takes his time an just doesnt throw parts on ... he has a full time job and a family .. that comes first

I am confused! Can anyone explain the infatuation with giant front brakes, especially discs.
Bigger rear drums allow a higher footbrake stall for a better launch. Done that on all my HP street/strip cars for years. Speed limit is 75 in AZ. and everyone runs 82/85 on the freeways.
I had:
1972 dodge half ton truck that ran 11.17@ 121.
2 1972 chevelles: an 11.0 car and 9.80s@ 135
1968 Nova 9.68@141
1970 ford courier (like a LUV truck) original 4 cyl truck with 351 w and auto trans 11.117@ 119.
ALL WITH THE ORIGINAL DRUM FRONT BRAKES.
NO Problems stopping on the street or track. The dodge truck and both chevelles had power brakes, the Nova and courier had manuals.
All but the dodge truck had skinnies on the front, and I could lock them up!
Panic stop on the street or stopping at the end of the track there was never any fade with any of them. I could see in a road race car, with lots of stopping, but?
Am I missing something?
TIMINATOR

We know damn well people in Az do not drive 75

And people like to do all their braking in the last 15 feet before a red light instead of easing off

For the record I have stock diameter drilled rotors and single piston wilwood calipers all the way around

So I’m on your side

Tim

34EA172A-F5FD-41FF-B4E4-70633A8EAA0C.jpeg

Not really a "side" I'm just trying to understand the infatuation with big front brakes. DOT and NTSB certify brakes to be adequate for the car they are on, that's always been good enough for me.
One of my employees has a 450+ HP 55 chevy, and he is on his third brand of aftermarket front disc's, and the last time he had gotten a 4 wheel disc kit, and that seems to be fine so far. He has almost as much in his brakes, as in his engine! All because he thought that rotors looked cooler behind his new wheels than the painted drums. With each set, he bought the master cylinder and prop valve to match the brakes.
My Turbo Coupe came with front disc's, and that's what I'm staying with!
Perplexed, but happy. TIMINATOR

DOT and NTSB certify brakes to be adequate for the car they are on
Correct.
Then along comes Tim, and his 600 HP v-sicks, that replaced the 235 HP v-sicks.
They also put a speed limiter in the chip. Claimed that was needed to avoid "outrunning" the tire ratings. Tim deletes the limiter and runs his 3700# car 30mph over the "designed application".
Life's full of CYA decisions.....

The stock brakes suck, and for guys that went to a vacuum booster, they really suck. If I ever do a vacuum booster again, I would upgrade the fronts at a minimum.
If you are careful and abide by the traffic laws, the stockers with a functioning powermaster are enough to just get the job done.
Consider how quickly a modified car can go from 30 to 90, brakes are a good idea.
I went with a hydroboost this time when the powermaster failed, and I will say that the car will emergency stop very well with all else stock, 2 or 3 times in a row and the brakes would probably not be adequate.
The nice thing with the hydroboost I can hold as much boost on the line as I want.

Correct.
Then along comes Tim, and his 600 HP v-sicks, that replaced the 235 HP v-sicks.
They also put a speed limiter in the chip. Claimed that was needed to avoid "outrunning" the tire ratings. Tim deletes the limiter and runs his 3700# car 30mph over the "designed application".
Life's full of CYA decisions.....
Tsk tsk

That damn Tim can’t leave nothing alone

OK Landau! That, I get!
T Type Tim, I agree!
Chuck, I get the manufacturers CYA attitude, but how does that relate to the:
"my brakes are bigger than your brakes crowd?"
Dirty Harry said:"It's a wise man that knows his limitations."
Dragstrips have plenty of shutdown area.
SPEEDWORLD, my home track had a 3000' one! I only needed brakes if I took the "short shutdown" turn off at 1400'.
Let's do some calculations:
I am over 70.
I have excellent "situational awareness", that I was trained for....
I have never been in an accident that was my fault. Ever.
I have only had ONE CHARGED SPEEDING TICKET in 54 YEARS OF DRIVING! That was during the COMMUNIST Joan Claybrook 55 mph federal speed limit Era, and it was for 62 mph! On interstate 10. Halfway between Phoenix,AZ. and Tuscon,AZ. Out in the middle of no where. At just BEFORE
6 A.M. On a Saturday morning. The ticket was $37.00, and it wasn't written for speeding, but for "wasting a natural resource." Really. Thanks government!
If you have the cash, a burning need to spend it, like the look, like to spend time working on your ride, and/or drive like a nut, go for it! I just don't see it.
That was my original point.
With respect to all with differing opinions, or situations,
TIMINATOR