BHJ Balancer ??

Silver Ghost

What is the correct placement of the keyway, trigger wheel and timing marks in relation to each other on a BHJ damper? Should common internet advice prevail by ensuring that the edge of the keyway lines up perfectly with the leading edge on the harmonic balancer. Or, should the BHJ tech sheet be followed by having the "trigger wheel oriented with the transition from a raised tab to a slot opening at 55* CW from the keyway centerline"? Also, if my used BHJ externally balanced harmonic balancer needs to have its trigger wheel repositioned, who is recommended for this?

What is the correct placement of the keyway, trigger wheel and timing marks in relation to each other on a BHJ damper? Should common internet advice prevail by ensuring that the edge of the keyway lines up perfectly with the leading edge on the harmonic balancer. Or, should the BHJ tech sheet be followed by having the "trigger wheel oriented with the transition from a raised tab to a slot opening at 55* CW from the keyway centerline"? Also, if my used BHJ externally balanced harmonic balancer needs to have its trigger wheel repositioned, who is recommended for this?

The keyway is always pointed in a 45 degree angle when engine is TDC. The TDC mark on the balancer is 52 from the horizontal plane at TDC. The leading edge of the reluctor wheel is -10 degrees from the horizontal at TDC.
Bison has a tool to realign the reluctor wheel and I know this because I designed it.
AG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, there will be one more message to Bison. It's great that you guys are so knowledgeable and helpful!