Beware, Scamer

wheelstands

Thought it strange that this was not a response to my post on parts wanted but instead a direct pm from this Nicholas812. Both messages read the same..."James Frank has a 1987 buick regal chrome bumpers for sale. You can contact him through **********. I got some part from him, you thank me later!". Others here have suggested that this is a scam.

Thought it strange that this was not a response to my post on parts wanted but instead a direct pm from this Nicholas812. Both messages read the same..."James Frank has a 1987 buick regal chrome bumpers for sale. You can contact him through **********. I got some part from him, you thank me later!". Others here have suggested that this is a scam.
Had the same response yo my 'wanted ad'. reported to chuck and his ass is gone.

thanks for sharing!

Chuck is great with his moderation and getting rid of these a holes.

I just checked to be sure he's not "survived" the ban hammer.
His screen name is lined thru.
So, we're GTG for now.

I just checked to be sure he's not "survived" the ban hammer.
His screen name is lined thru.
So, we're GTG for now.
Just got this similar (scam?) response to a parts wanted post. "Robert has Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator for sale. You can contact him through roberbsean054@gmail.com. I got some part from him, you thank me later!" Looks like the same scammer as before. He is dumb enough to use the same "you thank me later" wording. Hope this helps others.

Someone should make a parts wanted thread for chocolate salty balls, see if he relplies that Robertsean has chocolate salty balls in great shape, I had some In the past u thank me later.

Let me quess, he wants you to pay him "Friends And Family" which is the same as sending cash in the mail...And he might mail you a Christmas card LOL

It's so easy to tell these fucktards are scammers, just from their grammar and spelling.

I don't get how people keep getting pinched.

If it's a hard to find part, the only likely person to have one, is someone who's a member here. Not saying it's impossible, but it's highly unlikely some clown that comes at you out of the blue is legit.

I'm new to this forum and learning quickly. I have only posted a few times and this guy has already contacted me regarding two of my wanted posts. I figure he will be back shortly. I'll follow the suggestion and deal with those that have been active members for a while.

It was a good call by you. I was't trying to put anyone down, just stating simple logic.

I hope you weren't bothered by what I said.

It's so easy to tell these fucktards are scammers, just from their grammar and spelling.

I don't get how people keep getting pinched.

If it's a hard to find part, the only likely person to have one, is someone who's a member here. Not saying it's impossible, but it's highly unlikely some clown that comes at you out of the blue is legit.
If it's to good to be true, it usually is.

General rule of thumb to follow when looking for parts on a forum:
  • New to the forum
  • No pictures/details
  • Advertising for a "friend"
  • Only wants to deal over email
They are probably a scammer^. This goes for every forum ever. Almost every time it's a brand new account under a randomized name. Be careful out here!