Better than the Scanmaster?

The Bluetooth transmitter plugs into the aldl port.

This reminds me of when I wrote the WinALDL and Turbometer Pro ''how to" articles about 10 years ago.
Hey I used WINALDL. I would still be using, but I haven't seen a laptop made since 2004 with an RS232 port on it. Built the little hardware circuit to interface with the RS232, used the cigarette lighter plug in for a power supply and exported the data from notepad into excel formatted, using a macro I wrote in excel, and reviewed it. Worked perfect for me until my laptop took a shit and I couldn't find another one with an rs232 port. Then I bought a PL.

I receive my Bluetooth aldl scanner tomorrow and looking forward to having at least some sort of log. Any advice for a first timer is appreciated particularly with regards to gathering and reading the logs
Much appreciated
Joel

It's quite easy, Joel. When you have everything connected up and your phone is reading the data, just press the menu button on your Android phone and select "Start logging". After your drive, press the button and select "Stop logging". Then, press "Manage data logs" and "Email data logs", select the log(s) you want to email, choose "GMail", enter your email address, and a CSV file will be emailed to you. You can then open it in Excel. I freeze the first row, which are the data headings, and you can sort the data in any column independently.

EDIT: I assume you've already purchased the ALDLdroid app for your Android phone.

Thanks for the straight forward explanation.
Understood
Graphing should be easy with a clean csv file.
I need to find an android device, thought my daughters kindle fire would work but to load the app I need to either have another intermediary android device or unlock her device which is rather not do
I'll find an inexpensive android tablet or used android phone

Best Buy has some android tabs on sale. I have a Samsung and love it.

Thanks for the straight forward explanation.
Understood
Graphing should be easy with a clean csv file.
I need to find an android device, thought my daughters kindle fire would work but to load the app I need to either have another intermediary android device or unlock her device which is rather not do
I'll find an inexpensive android tablet or used android phone
Depends on the Kindle Fire a guess. I have an older one and a newer one but couldn't get the download on either. I just use my phone clipped to the steering wheel so I don't touch it other than swiping between pages.

Sent from my Spaceship.

Last edited:
8d2eb7b248f33355dc4caf4e7eaf18e2.jpg

b2c57ff194836ca6c306777b0d403da3.jpg

Sent from my Spaceship.

It's quite easy, Joel. When you have everything connected up and your phone is reading the data, just press the menu button on your Android phone and select "Start logging". After your drive, press the button and select "Stop logging". Then, press "Manage data logs" and "Email data logs", select the log(s) you want to email, choose "GMail", enter your email address, and a CSV file will be emailed to you. You can then open it in Excel. I freeze the first row, which are the data headings, and you can sort the data in any column independently.

EDIT: I assume you've already purchased the ALDLdroid app for your Android phone.
Had to Google freezing the first row lol. I knew what you meant just didn't know how to do it. Very user friendly to scroll through the log now.

Sent from my Spaceship.

Going to get inexpensive Android phone at Walmart. Looking forward to having the data. Is it possible to get boost if so what is required?
Thanks for the screen shots

Mine is analog on a Tee off of the boost lights (hobbs switch/MAP) hose. I never looked into it.

Sent from my Spaceship.

I've been reading.
1) I see guys posting xdl files, what are they and what are they used for? I thought the logs were produced in csv, but they are referencing the xdl files as logs, my excel does not like them, google states some sort of SQL files.
2) I assume I need to load the appropriate adx file into the app, does that set the parameters or the like for the particular car? If so, can someone tell me where to find the correct adx file and how the setup process works, I'll check their site again as well
3) I checked my daughter's kindle and looks like I may be able to load up aldlandroid after all which would be a good thing, I think I can find an excel app and run the charting on the kindle (my phones are all IOS, been out of android for some time)
Any advice and help in set up is appreciated, I'm excited to get logging, having boost would be perfect, but not sure what it would take and if possible with the 1320 aldl scanner. I'm just happy to have logs and where I"m not tuning past stock injectors and the like, once I'm dialed in, I should be good for some time.
Thank,
Joel

xdl files are tuner pro logs.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]

2) I assume I need to load the appropriate adx file into the app, does that set the parameters or the like for the particular car? If so, can someone tell me where to find the correct adx file and how the setup process works, I'll check their site again as well
Yes, the guy at 1320electronics.com will email you the ADX file specific to our cars. Do you have it already? If not, I can send it to you. You then connect your Android to a computer and copy the ADX file into the \ALDLdroid\adx folder on your Android. Just connect your device to your computer and select the "Mass storage" option, and it should appear as a USB drive on your computer.

Then, turn on Bluetooth, plug the adapter into your cigarette lighter to power it up, open ALDLdroid and use the menu button to "Connect to ECU".

As for adding boost, fuel pressure, oil pressure and some other items, the old ALDL computer never read those items, so they don't get recorded by ALDLdroid, either.

This brings me to my next project to modernize my GN...I personally don't want to install a bunch of clunky gauges and gauge pods all over my car; I want to simply use my tablet mounted at the front of the console to show me the important stuff, and install this cute little 3.2" OLED board somewhere that doesn't take the eyes too far off the road, like in the dash below the speedo or even clamped onto the top of the steering column. It's from Reveltronics, a company in Poland. I like the UTCOMP-PRO because it's a little bigger and has a logging function, and you can wire in more inputs. All I need is to read boost, fuel & oil pressure, as those aren't recorded by the ALDL computer. It has 5 digital inputs and 4 analog inputs, I'd just need to splice into the correct wires...I believe from the MAP sensor for recording boost. For under $200 USD, it's a helluva lot cheaper than buying a bunch of decent gauges, and a whole lot cooler...and a lot less interior clutter.

http://www.reveltronics.com/en/products/universal-trip-computer-utcomp

Yes guys at 1320 have already been very helpful and the write up above on how to load the files is much appreciated
I'll splice into the green boost wire behind the glove box to feed the aldl Bluetooth scanner with boost. Looks like I need 3 map for more than 15lbs and interestingly enough I'm at 15lbs
I'll pick up the needed 9pin connectors and feed the boost to the aldl scanner. Any thoughts on what I can use to get more accurate boost feed? My vdo is mechanical I believe.

I'll splice into the green boost wire behind the glove box to feed the aldl Bluetooth scanner with boost. Looks like I need 3 map for more than 15lbs and interestingly enough I'm at 15lbs
I'll pick up the needed 9pin connectors and feed the boost to the aldl scanner. Any thoughts on what I can use to get more accurate boost feed? My vdo is mechanical I believe.
When you do that, take some pictures and do a little write-up, if possible...I'm also interested in how to do that. Thanks!