Best "Top 3" modifications HOT AIR

there's nothing wrong with a hot air GN, or any GN for that matter.. They had to start somewhere to progress to the finished product.. I'd be proud to own one, doesn't mean i wouldn't modify it to run with the 86'-87' Turbo cars.. Haters need not apply here, just sayin how i'd make it faster, and why.

I just spent the past hour and re-read and see its getting contentious... that being said I also have a few mods to add too.

Via tutelage from turbonut85 and Sinful I did these:

Performance
1.) complete e85 conversion
2.) bigger DP homemade or gbodyparts either/or
3.) scanmaster, i went a step futher and made my own 4 gauge cluster for the center console under the radio and it looks OEM

Non Performance ( all on my list for this spring)
1.) Cd player, need tunes to cruise
2.) LED tail lights, might as well give the guy behind me pretty lights to look at
3) A good looking girl to sit shot gun ( already got that)

there's nothing wrong with a hot air GN, or any GN for that matter.. They had to start somewhere to progress to the finished product.. I'd be proud to own one, doesn't mean i wouldn't modify it to run with the 86'-87' Turbo cars.. Haters need not apply here, just sayin how i'd make it faster, and why.

Don't let it get too you, I believe a large majority of this community is probably the Ph.D. of turbo buicks, rightfully so. But I have also found that, the generation that owns these cars arent getting any younger, and finding people my age in general who enjoy these cars as well as are knowledgable about them are as rare as they come. I have 2 HA cars and will one day have an 86 and 87 to complete my collection and will love them all. We all got a piece of history here, and you dont see our museum being built on top of sink hole...

Just pointing out that you are posting in the HOT AIR SECTION....the title of this thread is best top 3 HOT AIR mods....so if you feel like posting about how the intercooler is the magic cure-all pill and how a hot air car will never be "as fast" as an IC car...take it elsewhere and stop mucking up a good informative thread...

Don't let it get too you, I believe a large majority of this community is probably the Ph.D. of turbo buicks, rightfully so. But I have also found that, the generation that owns these cars arent getting any younger, and finding people my age in general who enjoy these cars as well as are knowledgable about them are as rare as they come. I have 2 HA cars and will one day have an 86 and 87 to complete my collection and will love them all. We all got a piece of history here, and you dont see our museum being built on top of sink hole...
Well said! Thank you, and I just busted a gut about the sink hole comment! :D...I'm learning more on these cars, daily, and certainly plan on adding a Hot Air GN to my fleet eventually.. I've always had respect for GN's of ALL YEARS so maybe my initial comment came off as pretentious. If so, i apologize to anyone whom i may have offended..

Its cool, its just how things go. We all take our car very personally I think, some of us too personally....(myself included) but I have learned to relax as well as see my car as a car not a shrine. But in the end we are all here to be a community, share information and most of all enjoy our cars in whatever capacity we are able. and as far as the sink hole, ask a corvette owner the next time you see them about the best future mod, tell them it needs to be a shovel

- and worst case scenario they have no where to go but up
- they do like to start at the ground floor

i mean these could go on all night

Just pointing out that you are posting in the HOT AIR SECTION....the title of this thread is best top 3 HOT AIR mods....so if you feel like posting about how the intercooler is the magic cure-all pill and how a hot air car will never be "as fast" as an IC car...take it elsewhere and stop mucking up a good informative thread...
Not my intentions at all. In fact, a good friend just purchased that Hot Air GN i had passed on, and another friend just bought a N/A 82' GN (but he's got a game plan).. As my shop does both N/A turbo conversions, and general resto work on all makes, i was researching for him in hopes of helpin him run faster. I certainly don't know everything, or i wouldn't be on here, as i said before, sorry if i sounded pretentious, i was just thinking that the rest of the engine seems to be the same, so imho, it would make sense to install the ecm/ intake/ turbo/ intercooler from the 86'-87'...i may be entirely wrong, but i wouldn't know if i didn't throw it out there, and share my experiences. . I'll be the first to admit i am green to the wonderful world of turbo Buicks (the green :D i use in most of my posts).. I've loved them my whole life, and have been saving ever since we used to blow the doors off of everything in my buddy's 87' in High School, to finally buy one outright.. With 2 kids, i sure didn't think it would ever happen, but i'm proud that it did.. Sorry, didn't mean to f@#k up a perfectly good thread with my theory on how to make the hot air scream like the 86'-87', i'll just shut up now, and learn from the more experienced than I.

LOL
Its cool, its just how things go. We all take our car very personally I think, some of us too personally....(myself included) but I have learned to relax as well as see my car as a car not a shrine. But in the end we are all here to be a community, share information and most of all enjoy our cars in whatever capacity we are able. and as far as the sink hole, ask a corvette owner the next time you see them about the best future mod, tell them it needs to be a shovel

- and worst case scenario they have no where to go but up
- they do like to start at the ground floor

i mean these could go on all night
LOL Those are some good ones!! i was gonna say they may as well throw the rest in there, then make it a GN museum above since that's what the GN's do best...Bury vettes!! :D....Thanks again for understanding, and the good advice!

sweet! and this is why i passed on the 84' in mint condition for $4,200, in favor of an 87' GN for..well let's just say a lot more$$! :nailbiting: the 84' had all the regular mods, but just couldn't touch the punch of the almost stock 87'! the difference is astounding! :)!! If i bought the ''hot air'', i would've put the 86'-87' top end/ intercooler on it, IMO that's the only way to make the ''hot air'' as fast as the 86'-87' (basically make it into one) ``:sneaky:
When your ready bring your car out to Arizona or California and I'll show you how slow your intercooler car is. Hahahaha

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Pay for my diesel fuel and I'm sure we can work it out.

When your ready bring your car out to Arizona or California and I'll show you how slow your intercooler car is. Hahahaha

Interesting....

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Does anyone have the part number for the fbody radiator? And what else Do I need to get with it? Young and learning