Best Spark Plugs

nickygn23

Its time for some spark plugs. Any suggestions ? How about E-3's ? opinions?

Attachments

• 20170924_103212.jpg
    20170924_103212.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 141
I'm sure that you are going to get a lot of different suggestions when it comes to this, but I love my NGK's. I'm running UR5's gapped at .030. As for the E-3's, I don't know of anyone that is running them so I can't comment on them. Nice looking GN you have there. Cheers!!

Thank you, it didn't start off that way. 10 year process. One thing at a time. I just wanted a nice street GN
20170811_081652.jpg

Attachments

• 20170811_090358_1502456638883.jpg
    20170811_090358_1502456638883.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 97
Check this out:

Don't know how factual video really is. Looks plausible.

I tried the E3s ($6.00 a piece) and got 24 MPG but the engine was hard to start

I switched to ACs and got 14 MPG and the engine ran better and performed better.

Both gaped at .28 inch

I switched to ACs and got 14 MPG and the engine ran better and performed better.

Both gaped at .28 inch

10 mpg difference?

I'm thinking that was due to a happier right foot.

Check this out:

Don't know how factual video really is. Looks plausible.
If that's accurate I feel really bad for them having to work in those conditions.

Both gaped at .28 inch
With nothing else changed you seen a MPG difference that significant? That's mind blowing.

I had E3 plugs for a short while. Car idled a bit rough. Car was new to me & I figured it was the V-6 idle quality. Learned a bit more & replaced plugs. The driver side rear E3 was black & looked like it had never fired. Idle quality & overall performance was much improved with the new plugs!

How bout when you get to 25 to 30 lbs of boost , What then and what gap ?
If over 20 lbs. of boost, run a heat range colder plug, AC Delco R42TS or CR42TS, Autolite 23's
Gap the plugs around 28 with high boost and see where your at.

Wow I guess in China they don't have OSHA standing over their shoulders. Thanks for all the advise guys. I think I'll stick with the AC's

are AC's still made in USA read they have fallen off the mark in quality
NGK best Quality Now????

We will have to wait for earlbrown to chime in on this one. He'll state the facts about the two;)

How bout when you get to 25 to 30 lbs of boost , What then and what gap ?

Word is on the street that the Brisk plugs are the ones to run for all out applications that have sensitive computerized equipment requiring a resister non-projected tip plug.

And as far as gap, I would run .018"-.022" at that boost level regardless of how powerful you think your ignition is.

AG.

Word is on the street that the Brisk plugs are the ones to run for all out applications that have sensitive computerized equipment requiring a resister non-projected tip plug.

And as far as gap, I would run .018"-.022" at that boost level regardless of how powerful you think your ignition is.

AG.
Turbobitt-Where can you buy them at and what's the cost?